In a part-time capacity, the Box Office Clerk is responsible for executing ticket transactions at our Ticket Offices and over the phones for the Detroit Tigers Spring Training season, Lakeland Flying Tigers, and other special events. Interactions will consist of single event ticket purchases, ticket exchanges, will call transactions, troubleshooting digital tickets/ Ballpark app issues, and future event related ticket sales while using soft skills like active listening and anticipating customer needs. Reconciles daily sales and performs other clerical duties.
- Conduct single event ticket sale transactions at the box office windows and over the phone.
- Communicate to guests information regarding Publix Field seating, ticket prices, ticket related products, promotions, and policies.
- Assist customers by processing, printing, or accessing their mobile ticket orders.
- Up-sell and cross sell on all inbound inquiries.
- Reconcile and balance on a daily check out log.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practice.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Computer literate – ability to navigate through multiple screens and application systems. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing business processes.
- Active listening and attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient and dependable.
- Appropriate business acumen including professional appearance and demeanor.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Knowledge with Tickets.com system.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and game days.
- Exposure to high noise level.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to a facility environment, outside weather conditions, extreme cold/heat.
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The colleague frequently is required to sit. The colleague is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires long periods of time on feet.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.