The Account Executive, Group Sales is responsible for driving sales of group tickets by maintaining relationships with current group clients and creating new relationships with future clients using first class customer service.
- Meet or exceed generated revenue from new group clients while maximizing ticket sales revenue from existing groups.
- Make daily outgoing phone calls to account base.
- Provide the most superb customer service to all clients and guests.
- Update and maintain all current customer databases.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities given.
- Participate in all ticket sales events and games to meet guest to ensure a positive experience.
- Collect data from customers in the form of surveys and enter to win contests.
- Process ticket orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Actively research new sales leads to sell group packages within all entertainment entities.
- Set up face to face appointments weekly in effort to generate new business.
- Submit accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports on sales activity.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum two years sales experience preferably in a group sales role.
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment industry.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to multitask and maintain deadlines in a high-paced environment.
- Must possess knowledge of all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with high standards for quality; ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Office Environment.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.