The Detroit Tigers are looking for high energy, service minded individuals, looking to gain experience in the baseball industry. These individuals should be committed to working together to aid with all clubhouse and on-field responsibilities. The primary role of the Clubhouse Attendant is to assist in providing all Players, Coaches, Front Office Members and Support Staff with first-class service. Individuals must possess positive energy, strong attention to detail, and a commitment to work in a fast-paced and confidential work environment.
• Assist in all aspects of the day-to-day operation of managing a clubhouse to meet and exceed the standards of the Detroit Tigers and Major League Baseball.
• Provide first-class customer service to all Major League Baseball players, coaches, support staff and front office personnel of all 30 Major League Baseball teams.
• Demonstrate an extraordinary work ethic in a highly confidential atmosphere. Assist in the daily maintenance, organization, and cleanliness of all facilities, including locker rooms, kitchen, weight room, athletic trainers’ room, and batting cages.
• Assist with the food and beverage operations to be sure the Detroit Tigers Visiting Clubhouse meets the standards of each visiting teams’ nutritional guidelines.
• Supervise and assist in training of clubhouse attendants and batboys.
• Assist in management of equipment inventory, distribution, and shipping processes.
• Assist in preparation for all daily baseball activities for on-field and batting cage programs.
• Assist with packing and labeling of all equipment in the Detroit Tigers clubhouse for smooth transition to and from Spring Training.
• Supervise events that require the use of the Visiting Clubhouse. (I.E. Fantasy Camp and Collegiate baseball games.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• Must possess exceptional time management skills. Must have ability to multi-task.
• Must be detail oriented and well organized.
• Must be willing to learn the basics of operating a sewing machine for uniform repair work.
• Must be able to interact professionally with players, coaches, support staff and front office personnel.
• Must have ability to handle flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must possess strong work ethic.
• Must be a team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working in the sports & entertainment industry preferred.
Office environment. Evening, weekend, and holiday hours required. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to handle frequent lifting of equipment and receivables.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.