Job Summary: The seasonal community impact assistant is responsible for providing a wide range of support for the Detroit Red Wings Foundation in areas including, but not limited to, signature events and fundraisers, administrative functions, writing communications (articles, press releases, tax letters, event recaps, etc.), and the 50/50 raffle program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the 50/50 Raffle program as necessary, including, but not limited to, daily financial accounting of cash and credit card transactions, management and troubleshooting of program assets (technology, kiosks, equipment), and development and delivery of sales techniques for volunteers.
- Support all charitable events and programs for the Detroit Red Wings Foundation and future fundraising efforts.
- Support research, development, presentation, and management of opportunities to increase fan interaction with the Foundation through new, innovative fundraising programs and events.
- Assist with administrative procedures and processes to maintain fiscal accountability and control; support oversight of the budget database and provide periodic reports related to expenditures, as well as monetary and in-kind donations.
- Support oversight of the donor database; prepare donor relations correspondence including drafting letters and handling tax-related documents.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Ilitch Holdings companies, colleagues, and corporate partners.
- Research and write donor communication materials related to the Detroit Red Wings Foundation.
- Support the development of imagery and content to promote the Detroit Red Wings Foundation and upcoming programs/events on websites, social media or online content appropriate for the Foundation.
- Provide administrative support to director and manager, including responding to general inquiries received through emails, letters, and phone calls, as well as ordering office and event supplies as needed.
- Communicate and be an advocate for a unified message that supports awareness and recognition of the Detroit Red Wings Foundation throughout Michigan and abroad.
- Support the collective community impact team as needed (outreach and engagement / sport participation and growth).
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated high level of communications skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Evidence of organization and planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple events or projects and meet deadlines
- Evidence of attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office suite, database, Internet, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting
- Service oriented; committed to teamwork and catering to the customer
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in a fundraising capacity, public or community relations, and/or special event planning
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
- Experience volunteering and/or working with nonprofit(s)
- Ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week with flexibility for additional hours as needed
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to moderate - high noise level
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.