The Lions, much like the city and community they represent, are built on a blue-collar work ethic that values hustle and conviction.
Ford Field, the home of the Lions since 2002 in the heart of Detroit, is part of a vibrant sports and entertainment district featuring all four major professional sports franchises. Ford Field is also home to a dedicated and passionate multi-generational fan base reflective of the innovation, creativity and drive synonymous with Detroit.
Under the leadership of Sheila Hamp, the great granddaughter of Henry Ford, the Lions have ushered in an era of rebirth focused on creating an inclusive and equitable experience for employees, partners and fans. Building off the rich and diverse history of the city, the Lions embrace transparency and value contribution from all areas of the organization. We believe in the power of a pride, and acknowledge winning together takes understanding, acceptance, and teamwork. We believe in our “we” culture and are committed to building a new tradition that Detroit and Michigan can be proud of.
One Pride. For All.
The Events Associate will be responsible for supporting the Event Manager and Events team with services directly relating to Events at Ford Field and the bowl game. Work will include coordinating event services with other departments: facility services, operations, catering, marketing, merchandise, parking, partnership, premium sales, security, IT, etc.
This is a full-time internship working approximately 40 hours per week, along with all home games, occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays. The internship would last for 6 to 11 months. This paid position is based at Ford Field.
The Events Associate position will have responsibilities, including but not limited to, the following:
- Assist the event leads on assigned events, to work directly with the client (pre-determined by employer) and delegate all client needs to the appropriate departments as necessary
- Work to secure and negotiate competitive bids for equipment needed for events: bleachers, tents, golf carts, signs/banners, bike rack, portable restrooms, and all other items that may be needed
- Event signage – Ensure all necessary signage is created and displayed for all major events to accommodate guests
- Assist with set up and management of 50/50 raffle: stocking kiosks throughout the stadium prior to each Detroit Lions game, tracking inventory on all 50/50 raffle materials, ensuring all equipment is charged and ready for each game, etc.
- Assist the Ticketing Department in putting on various events for Lions Loyal Members
- Support grassroots marketing Social Media (X, Instagram & Facebook) implementation for various events as needed
- Create bowl game social media calendars and execute on all social channels while setting benchmarks to increase numbers and engagement
- Create, manage, and update content on the Ford Field events website
- Represent and promote the bowl game at all major events
- Promote and activate the bowl game trophy during Detroit Lions games
- Coordinate logistics for the bowl game and community initiatives: Boys and Girls Club, Detroit PAL, Extra Yard for Teachers, etc.
- Support the bowl game team band arrangements: practices, travel arrangements, band equipment, catering needs, game logistics, signage, etc.
- Take lead on one or more bowl game travel party/ancillary events
- Assist with bowl game team hospitality and gift distribution
- Secure and coordinate team late-night snacks including trade value, logistics and delivery to hotels
- Coordinate bowl game team snack bags from start to finish order, payment, creation, and distribution
- Work with the Detroit Sports Commission to secure and sign-up volunteers for bowl week of events
- Organize and inventory bowl game merchandise and gifts
- Lead the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp the day after the bowl game
- Ensure the Ford Field Event website is updated with all necessary and current event information: ticket details, parking/traffic updates, entrances, etc.
- Analyze post event feedback from each event and determine which operational items can be performed more efficiently in the future
- Assist with daily office duties and operational needs of the Events department, including but not limited to making copies, filing, creation and hanging of event signage, and phone/email correspondence
- Answer main telephone and transfer calls at the reception desk when asked to do so
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Sport Management, Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Prior event management experience strongly preferred
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.