Under general supervision, this position assists with maintenance and providing labor to prepare Nationwide Arena for hockey games or other events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with converting Nationwide Arena from one function to another, including set-up and disassembly of stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasherboards, meeting rooms, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms, concert floor chairs, and other event-related equipment.
- Assist in the configuration of arena bowl seating and rails.
- Assists with fixing seats, grounds clean-up, snow removal, etc.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keeping work areas and equipment organized and functional.
- Follows all safety precautions and emergency procedures established at the facility; reports safety and damage concerns to the manager.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed (schedule will be based on event schedules, staffing needs and employee availability).
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are