The BI Intern is responsible for assisting members of the BI team. There will be weekly tasks they need to perform as well as ad hoc analysis and reporting.
Duties and tasks
- Work in conjunction with their mentor to complete projects that will come from all areas of the BI team.
- Assist in the development of internal and external data acquisition plans for various Blue Jackets related activities and in the implementation of those plans.
- Analyze and summarize survey data
- Analyze and summarize social media data
- Organize and interpret large data sets from various sources (CRM, Alchemer, Archtics, Zoomph)
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel.
- Learn about the sports industry in general and the analysis that the BI team performs for the Blue Jackets.
- Must be available 5-10 hours per week in-office
- Internship timeline: May-August
- In-office hands on experience
- Must be enrolled in college, working towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion to get to know Blue Jackets fans.
- Ability to get projects completed in a timely manner.
- Columbus based candidates preferred.
* Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.