We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized Senior Coordinator of Finance to join the Hornets Sports & Entertainment (HSE) Finance team. HSE includes the Charlotte Hornets, Greensboro Swarm, Venom GT, Spectrum Center Events and new business ventures.
You will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day accounts payable processes, handling vendor communications, processing payments and maintaining accurate financial records. To succeed you should possess a strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting. You should be ethical, thorough and attentive with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day accounts payable functions, including meticulous invoice processing, validation of approvals and communication with suppliers.
- Monitor the timely receipt of invoices and ensure customer accounts remain current.
- Obtain necessary internal approvals for invoices, meticulously review invoice submissions for accuracy and resolve discrepancies when they arise.
- Process payments for approved invoices through various methods such as ACH/EFT, wire transfers or paper checks while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and integrity.
- Create and maintain vendor and supplier records, ensuring all essential documents, including W-9 forms and payment information are accurately recorded.
- Respond promptly and professionally to inquiries from both internal teams and external vendors related to payables.
- Participate in the monthly review and reconciliation of expense reports, encompassing corporate card transactions and business-related reimbursement claims.
- Assist with routine journal entries related to bank activity to support month-end bank account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the finance team to gather and compile data for various financial reports and analyses
- Maintain organized and secure records of financial transactions, invoices and related documentation for audit and reporting purposes.
- Participate in the month-end closing process by ensuring all accounts payable activities are accurately reflected in financial statements.
- Undertake additional tasks as required to contribute to the overall efficiency of the finance department
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Familiarity with automated invoice processing systems, such as Docuware, is a plus but not required.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, including a grasp of debits and credits, general and subledger accounts, and balance sheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and experience with ERP systems (MS Great Plains preferred).
- Excellent mathematical and analysis skills
- Previous experience working in a high-volume accounts payable or accounting environment is preferred
- Exceptional task prioritization and time management abilities to efficiently manage daily responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills, enabling effective collaboration with team members and external vendors.
- Presents self in professional manner and have ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
- Available to work a variable schedule, including holidays, nights, weekends, Hornets games and Spectrum events
This is a full time benefit eligible position. HSE is dedicated to creating and upholding a welcoming environment that celebrates diversity.
HSE provides valuable benefits and competitive time off policies to help you and your family lead healthy, balanced lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All requests for medical or religious accommodations to perform the stated job duties will be considered.