The Photography Intern role is heavily focused on business initiatives and is very limited in sports/game photography. The Intern assists the Team Photographer in supporting the team’s business functions – community, corporate partnerships, ticketing, marketing, events, etc. – with storytelling through photographs, post-production including keywording and archiving, photo shoot setup and tear-down, etc.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
- Assist with setup, support, shooting:
- Corporate Partnerships (signage, activations, etc.).
- Community Affairs (community events, clinics, appearances, youth baseball, etc.).
- Marketing & Clubhouse Creative (product shoots, creative shoots, etc.).
- Shoot gameday elements (giveaways, fan experience, pregame ceremony, in-game elements, etc.).
- Shoot ADEE/non-game events hosted at Chase Field.
- Pre-game activities
- Activations and events
- Photo shoots
- Sports/game photography is very limited, less than 8 games.
- Maintain the archive system by cataloging and keywording current and past game photos
- Manage photo requests ensure photo links are sent out in a timely matter or on deadline
- Assist with studio lighting shoots, including setup and breakdown of gear
- Assist with any print requests on professional inkjet printers as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong intermediate understanding of photography, composition and light and knowledge of photography workflow and efficiencies.
- Exhibit a comprehensive knowledge and strong understanding of equipment, computers and applications:
- Nikon digital photography equipment.
- Apple/Mac computers.
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to use Photo Mechanic and PhotoShelter to catalog, keyword and archive images
- Capture and deliver high-quality images under extremely tight deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of studio lighting equipment.
- Ability to multi-task to complete projects.
- Exhibit a service mindset to support departments.
- Self-starter able to focus on individual tasks and projects.
- Interested candidates should supply a link to a portfolio website highlighting photography work and capabilities.
- Social media accounts will be considered as a secondary source to highlight work.
- Minimum two years college education with an emphasis in photography, with a continuing effort to complete degree.
- Minimum four years photography experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Carry loads of camera gear up to 50 lbs. at a time while walking, climbing, kneeling, standing, crouching and grasping for long periods of times in a crowded environment.
- Perform physical activities such as setting up for photo shoots and quickly move around the ballpark.
- Sit for long periods of time at a desk while working on a computer.
- Work effectively in extreme hot/cold temperature environments that may be dry, wet and/or humid and extremely noisy at times.
- Know where you are at all times during actively play and be extremely aware visually of surroundings at all times as this position puts you in close proximity to fast moving baseballs and bats.
- Travel to locations outside of work for photo shoots as needed.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.