Front Desk Receptionist - First Impression Specialist
The purpose of this position is to enthusiastically welcome and greet all guests, clients and employees who enter the Innovation and Cultural Center and Wow Lobby. Additionally, the First Impression Specialist (FIS) is responsible for answering external calls and directing their call to appropriate team members. The First Impression Specialist also must maintain a level of security in their respective areas by properly screening guests, monitoring access to the elevators, People and Culture offices, ticket offices and executive offices.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and control access to restricted areas such as the Ticket Office, People and Culture Office and Executive Offices.
- Security duties include, but are not limited, to conducting a security check-in for guests that have appointments with Team Members. Guests are required to sign in the “guest book”, have their personal identification scanned by use of the Card Scan program and properly display the visitors badge issued to them by the First Impression Specialist.
- A First Impression Specialist should be able to handle high volumes of telephone calls, properly screen them and provide basic and accurate information in person or via the phone/email.
- At all times they must reflect a professional, clear, calm and friendly voice when communicating with our guests.
- They must ensure their work areas are neat and presentable at all times with all approved materials for their work area (e.g. pens, schedules, brochures or any other approved item).
- Maintain and update an appointment calendar as Team Members throughout the organization send in their appointments that will check-in at the Wow Lobby. They will subsequently contact Team Members as their guests arrive.
- Maintain and update calendar for meeting rooms use for Executive Conference Room and Dozer Room as well as reserving company vehicles (if approved).
- Perform vicinity patrols (Wow Lobby Team Member only) including the Administrative Parking Lot, Team Shop Gate Entrance, and Exterior Ticket Windows. The Wow Lobby is responsible for maintaining vigilance of their immediate surroundings.
- Comply with the Arizona Diamondbacks People and Culture “Office Productivity Tools” policy.
- Order Front Office supplies for break rooms throughout the facility and maintain inventory.
- Enforce MLB BSOP policies as it relates to parcel incoming and outgoing packages (all redirected to the shipping and receiving area).
- Maintain and control a log of approved items to be left at the Wow Lobby for pick-up such as; L&F items or approved items by Team Members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Exceptional oral and written communication.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook programs
- Displays initiative
- Knowledgeable in Security procedures, tactics and techniques.
- Reflects a professional first impression in appearance and attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Friendly deposition
- Ability to exercise good judgment in all situations
- Ability to successfully handle stressful situations
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Bilingual-English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to perform all physical requirement of the position
- Bachelor’s in office management or Administrative Assistant, preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- The First Impression Specialist should always be well groomed and have on clean, appropriate and approved attire for their respective work areas.
- Ability to assists guests and staff in emergencies, including pushing wheelchairs and/or picking up, dragging or otherwise moving persons in distress.
- Operate a motor vehicle or company cart