ocV!BE, a premier mixed-use community and live entertainment district, is coming to Anaheim in 2026! This $4 billion, 100-acre, mixed-use community will surround its anchor, Honda Center, with new live entertainment venues, dining and retail offerings, and public amenities. From intimate clubs to a new 6K-capacity concert venue, ocV!BE will provide a full range of entertainment, activating the District daily for the enjoyment of its guests.
We seek candidates with strong advanced analytics experience to lead the execution of data science and machine learning projects. The Data Scientist works with designers and stakeholders to define business goals and designs our approach to advanced analytics. This role owns data science solutions in production and coordinates communication with technical and business stakeholders. The Data Scientist develops materials for new propositions and presentations.
- Conduct statistical modeling and experiment design, and tests and validates predictive models
- Build web prototypes and performs data visualization
- Develop full-stack analyses from query building to data visualization and presentation
- Conduct scalable data research on and off the cloud
- Automate existing processes to empower business units to conduct analyses
- Develop customized algorithms to solve analytical problems with incomplete data sets and implements automated processes for efficiently producing scale models
- Collaborate with database engineers and other scientists to develop, refine, and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices, and other issues
- Implement new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently
- Train the data management team on new or updated procedures
- Write and implement quality procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of data science experience or data analyst experience
- 2+ years of Sports Industry experience
- Experience using SQL, Power BI, and Tableau
- Track record of working with engineers and business stakeholders
- Strategic and analytical skills; able to define and perform each element of an advanced analytics project to meet stakeholder needs
- Experience leading others to build their technical skills and skills in data science
- Strong technical expertise in data science, data analysis, statistical modelling, and/or machine learning
- Fluency with Python machine learning and data science packages (Scikit-learn, Apache Spark, PySpark, DASK, Tensorflow, etc.) and experience in releasing and owning your models in production
- Academic background in a relevant quantitative field, e.g., statistics, engineering, computer science
- Proven record of delivering business impact in an area such as customer analytics, customer acquisition and retention, pricing, marketing effectiveness, or strategic retail insights
- Proven track record with ticketing data and Archtics
- Understanding of the product design process
- Advanced degree (PhD/MSc) in one of these disciplines is strongly preferred
This position is onsite.
The annual base salary range for this position in California is $109,550 to $133,895 per year. The starting pay for the successful candidate depends on various job-related factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, education/training, internal value, peer equity, external market demands, and organizational considerations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.