Come join the team! The Jazz Youth Intern will work as a member of the Youth Programs Department during the 2023-24 Utah Jazz season. As a part time employee, the intern will work with the Junior Jazz program, Utah Jazz Camps and Clinics and more. They will have the opportunity to assist in a variety of different events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning and execution of Junior Jazz parties and events
- Assist in ticket distribution for all Junior Jazz partners
- Work Jazz home games when Junior Jazz groups are in attendance
- Assist with Utah Jazz Camps and Clinics registration, tickets, swag and other needs
- Assist with planning, coordinating and implementing 3v3 Tournaments
- Coordinate customer service for all Jazz Youth participants via email and phone
- Attend Jazz Camps to help with onsite logistics
- Assist in coaching at Utah Jazz Camps and Clinics
- Assist in planning for future programming, initiatives, and events
- Protect the reputation of the company
- Exemplify the Utah Jazz mission and values: transparency, all in, community obsessed, one team, and scrappy
- Accept other duties, as assigned
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Interpersonal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Basketball coaching experience preferred
- Experience working with kids
- Available to work various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have excellent follow through skills
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.