The Tampa Bay Rays are looking for talented individuals to serve as Fan Hosts during our 2024 season. We are looking for enthusiastic and customer-oriented individuals to serve as ticket takers, ushers and guest service personnel.
Qualified individuals will be responsible for (but not limited to):
· Proactively greet guests at Tropicana Field gates and ticket lines
· Help the Rays stay “game-ready” by preparing your assigned section for patrons, wiping down seats, looking for potential hazards, reporting any issues to a supervisor, etc.
· Scan game tickets ensuring that the proper ticket is being used to gain entry
· Assist fans in locating their ticketed seats; give directions for around the ballpark
· Operating an elevator transporting fans to their desired level at Tropicana Field
· Being alert to potential hazards in the ballpark such as foul balls and reporting incidents
· Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from fans
· Implement ballpark rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to work the entire event, including post-game activities.
· Must work a minimum of 35 games per season.
· Ability to communicate effectively with fans, coworkers, supervisors, and management team.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
· Must be able to work in various weather conditions including heat, rain, etc.
· Must be able to work all posts assigned with or without a field view. This includes gates, elevators, escalators & outdoor positions
· Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
· Must be able to bend, climb stairs, work in high elevations and enclosed spaces
· Able to work in a high activity and heavily crowded professional sports venue
Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, holidays, and overtime
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.