The Creative Manager will lead the design, development, and production of best-in-class creative across all Vinik Sports Group brands. This candidate will be a trusted leader of the design department, growing, teaching, and working alongside a team of mix-skilled graphic designers. This position requires a highly motivated and collaborative team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and must possess a high-level knowledge of branding and design. The ideal candidate will be able to visually elevate the brand and aesthetic through innovative concepts from ideation to execution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage brand consistency for all Vinik Sports Group brands
• Oversee a team of designers who ideate, produce and create branding to support business objectives
• Work closely with VP of Marketing and Sr. Creative Project Manager on creative briefs and branding direction
• Work closely with Sr. Creative Project Manager and creative agency on campaign creative looks
• Develop and design collateral from conception to completion including digital, social, print, out of home, large scale signage, logos, etc.
• Drive development, creation, and adherence to organizational brand/style guides
• Support all internal departments including marketing, sales, partnerships, retail, hockey ops, etc.
• Work with internal project managers to strategize and optimize workflow and processes
• Uncover new ways of incorporating emerging and new media formats into design work
• Approve logo use for all internal and external partners
Supervisory & Management Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of 3 full time graphic designers
• Evening and weekends as necessary/needed
• Minimum 6 years of full-time experience in a graphic design/creative role
• Completed bachelor’s or graduate degree, preferably in graphic design/visual communications
• Strong sense of design and thorough understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography, and composition
• Experience in creating social media content, GIFs, video, 2D & 3D animations/motion graphics
• Ability to effectively translate and evolve creative from an existing style guide
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
• Proficiency in all social media platforms, best practices and trends
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proficiency working in a Mac environment
• High attention to pixel perfect detail
• Excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and writing abilities
• Self-motivated team player capable of produce original ideas
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a cross-team environment
• Photography, video and editing skills a plus
• Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.