An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Academy Performance Analyst to join our Elite Performance Team and play a pivotal role in nurturing the potential of our young athletes.
As a key collaborator within our multidisciplinary approach, you'll work closely with coaches and players to elevate their performance through expert analysis and insightful feedback sessions. This position offers a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of talent development within the Sheffield United Academy, where you'll oversee performance analysis services, capture the essence of player growth in video, and contribute to the creation of motivating materials. If you're passionate about using data-driven insights to drive excellence and want to be part of a dynamic team dedicated to player development, we invite you to apply.
- To oversee the provision of performance analysis services to the U18s and wider Sheffield United Academy age groups.
- To film U18s Games, Training Sessions & Assisting with the Academy games program.
- To work with the wider academy multidisciplinary team to ensure all pre-match, post-match, individual development work is delivered on a weekly basis.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary meetings to ensure the alignment of all Individual Development Plans for Academy Players.
- Assist with filming of Individual Player Development Sessions.
- Tracking and Monitoring Individual Player Development as part of Player Review Meetings.
- Develop motivational and supportive materials to be utilized on a weekly basis as part of team preparation.
- Be responsible for the statistical analysis databases that aid in the development and management of players.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of video databases to support SUFC Academy philosophy.
- Archive academy match footage and statistical data.
- Keep abreast of the advances and progressions within Performance Analysis.
- Manage and train students from Sheffield Hallam University to assist with filming and coding of Academy schoolboy games.
- Carry out any reasonable requests from the Head of Academy Analyst to support the Performance Analysis Department.
- Ensure completion of any mandatory training and CPD required for the role, including internal club training around Safeguarding and Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- To adhere to all Sheffield United Football Club's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures to foster an environment which protects from harm those defined as children and adults at risk.
- To report any concerns of a safeguarding nature to the relevant parties and remain fully compliant with any applicable Safeguarding checks and due diligence and recognize your responsibility to the Club's Safeguarding agenda.
- To report any concerns of discrimination to the relevant parties and promote a welcoming and inclusive club environment for all.
- To adhere to the Club's Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion policies, supporting the Club to create an environment which is inclusive and all-encompassing.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- BSc Sports Science/Sport Performance Analysis (or similar).
- Experience working in a performance analysis role, OR with Performance Analysts in previous roles.
- Experience in using a variety of performance analysis software packages and services such as Hudl Sports Code, Studio, Wyscout, Veo and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent football knowledge and an ability to relate this to the SUFC Academy Philosophy to facilitate player development.
- An understanding of pedagogy and the ways in which young athletes learn and retain knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within a team to efficiently meet deadlines.
Desirable Criteria for the role:
- MSc Sports Science/Sport Performance Analysis (or similar).
- Level 2 Coaching Qualification and/ or above.