About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
- Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
- Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
About the Position:
2024 Earthquakes Stadium Game Day Operations San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
Game Day Operations employees will be responsible for assisting with the locker room, field and stadium setup. This employee may be responsible for supervising ball kids, acting as a stretcher crew member, working with TV as a Red Hat or act as a visiting team liaison. The Game Day Operations Employee will report directly to the Manager, Event Operations.
Game Production Coordinator
- Meet with Red Hat for any timing issues or changes.
- Make calls to referee, visiting team liaison and home team liaisons for game production timing.
- Make calls for any in-game infractions, i.e. yellow cards, red cards and substitutions.
Referee Liaison (Non-MLS Matches Only)
- Pickup and drop off Referees at their hotel.
- Set up of Referee locker room.
- Interact and work with The San Jose Earthquakes staff to provide referees with equipment and other necessities.
Ball Retriever/Ball Kid Supervisor
- Designated person to return a ball back into play.
- Ball Retrievers must wipe down the ball with sanitation.
- Balls to be returned to designated ball stands.
- Keep track of all game balls.
- Must be able to move at a fast pace to retrieve the game balls.
- Assist the Visiting Team Liaison with Locker Room set up and tear down.
Stretcher Crew Member
- Wait on the sidelines until referee directs stretcher crew to assist with an injured player
- Assist visiting team liaison with locker room set up and tear down.
- Assist visiting team liaison with bench set up.
- Convey Producer's signals to Referee for start and stop of game
- Inform TV production of any injuries or other necessary notes
Visiting Team Liaison
- Responsible for needs of the Visiting team while at Earthquakes Stadium.
- Organize Field Crew staff to set up visiting locker room and team bench areas.
- Stand near but separate from the Visiting Team bench throughout the match.
- Contact San Jose Earthquakes Operation staff with any issues with the Visiting Team.
*Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
- Must be able to communicate clear and concise message over a radio.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and able to make changes on the fly.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme pressure situations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.