Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide for the safety of all our guests and employees within Golden 1 Center by performing the following duties.
This part-time, event-based position offers an hourly rate of $19.08/hr. All event team members must be available nights, weekdays, and weekends based on the Golden 1 Center events calendar.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Monitor guest flow through screening checkpoints to ensure order and efficiency.
- Inform and enforce all policies and regulations at Golden 1 Center.
- Ensure that Golden 1 Center, the practice facility, and surrounding property remain intact and undamaged.
- Provide for the safety of players, entertainers, officials, and V.I.P.s while at Golden 1 Center.
- Escort employees, who conduct MTO runs, provide for their safety and the safe transportation of funds.
- Protect the assets of Golden 1 Center and the practice facility while the buildings are unoccupied.
- Ensure that all fire and safety equipment throughout the arena and practice facility are operational and meet standards.
- Implement the Emergency Preparedness Plan when necessary.
- Alert management to safety concerns within the arena and the practice facility.
- Ensure that all leasing agents are informed and comply with arena safety and security policies.
- Monitor and record all individuals who enter or remain on the property during non-event hours.
- Patrols, periodically, Golden 1 Center, the practice facility, and surrounding grounds.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Inspects equipment, bags, and all other items that are carried into the arena.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulates pedestrian traffic at the arena entrance to maintain orderly flow.
Education and/or Experience
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- A Guard Card or Proprietary Private Security Officer License (PSO) is REQUIRED.
- Must have certifications demonstrating completion of 40-hour training per BSIS requirements.
- Proprietary Guard Cards must have completed the BSIS 16-hour training requirement.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to excessive noise (crowd/music), and/or excessive dust, gas, or fumes (motocross, monster trucks, etc.). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. During events, the noise level may be high, requiring the use of hearing protection.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change.