Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As a Full Time- Facility Security Lead Agent, you will provide protection for all Rose Quarter facilities, property, employees, and guests through observation, monitoring of alarm systems, CCTV systems and access systems.
This role is key in supporting our operational value around our dedication to safety with an emphasis on providing a safe and fun environment, not only for all of our guests, but also for all of our team members. Reporting to a Facility Security Supervisor, you will help to train, motivate and manage both full-time and part-time facility security team members on duty
SCHEDULE: Full-time security agents work 4 (10 hour) shifts a week, hours for this roles are as follows: Day Shift (6AM - 4PM)
- Performing scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout our facility and property by patrolling on foot to check for security breaches and investigating suspicious persons or activities.
- Monitoring the entry and departure of persons in and around our facilities through CCTV systems.
- Operating and monitoring building access, fire command and alarm computers in the Command Center in addition to assisting maintenance team members in securing an area during a maintenance emergency.
- Maintaining radio communications with members of the Security Team and other departments.
- Assisting, advising, and relaying information to other departments within the company.
- Responding to fire, panic, and burglary alarms while assisting in the evacuation of guests and employees during emergency situations.
- Being responsive to security and medical incidents as they arise.
- Assisting medical and law enforcement personnel by directing traffic, taking lead on crowd control and securing necessary equipment.
- Answering inquiries and providing information to the public; investigating complaints and recommending corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Maintaining time management, equipment/key control use, and incident records.
- Checking facilities and equipment for needed maintenance and repairs.
- Handling daily shipping and receiving, mail delivery and associated logs.
- Maintaining operational records and preparing related reports using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Assisting with Lost & Found.
- Providing mentorship or instructions to other team members.
- Performing related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Training, motivating and managing full-time and part-time Facility Security team members on duty.
- Assisting with onboarding of Security Agents.
- Communicate to Security leadership team for safety, conditions, needs of the team and escalation of issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WE'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- You possess or have the ability to obtain a Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) Private Security Officer Certification.
- You possess a valid, current State-Issued Driver License.
- Ability to obtain CPR/AED and First Aid certifications within one year of employment.
- You can communicate to Security leadership team for safety conditions, needs of the team, and escalation of issues
- You can demonstrate effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Are able to report incidents in writing.
- Are able to walk and stand for 75% of your shift.
- Must perform in high-stress and fast-paced environment in an expedient manner for sustained periods, may perform tasks in front of the public.
- You are able to work swing shift hours and have the availability to work four (4) 10-hours shifts a week to include weekends, and holidays.
- Computer experience, preferred.
Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful results of an individual background check. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We invest in our employees inside and outside of work. Our benefits package for full-time teammates includes:
- Pay: $23.15 per hour
- Competitive Healthcare Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternal & Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (3 weeks + 11 holidays)
- Wellness Perks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking + 50/50 TriMet Discount Program – 50% off monthly TriMet passes
- Discounted & Complimentary Tickets
- Ongoing Learning & Development