The Philadelphia 76ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) are seeking an experienced and motivated Account Executive, Group Events who will be responsible for generating ticket sales revenue through selling group ticket packages. As an Account Executive, Group Events it will be your responsibility to develop positive relationships with leaders of the business community in Philadelphia and surrounding markets while providing excellent customer service through customized communication and tailored benefits to match the needs of the customer.
Widely regarded as one of the top ticket sales programs in the industry, the Account Executive, Group Events position provides aspiring executives with the opportunity to learn & grow on the revenue side of professional sports from the top leaders in the business.
- Generating new ticket sales through cold calling, emailing, networking, and face-to-face appointments
- Sell a full-menu of HBSE product offerings with a focus on Philadelphia 76ers group events
- Work 76ers home games to identify and host new business prospects and service/upsell established clients
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external clients
- Prospect and nurture new sales leads through creative lead generation
- Meet and exceed established monthly and annual sales, effort and revenue goals
- Identify business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, aggressively soliciting and following-up on any sales leads generated
- Ensure customer data and profile requirements are accurately and completely detailed for defined accounts in CRM system
- Work assigned sales, promotional and team events during games and outside normal business hours
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 8 months experience as a top sales producer, preferably in the sports & entertainment industry
- A degree or diploma in business, communications, marketing, sports management or related field
- Strong knowledge and real passion for a long-term career in the revenue-generating segment of the sports business
- Great teammate with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
- High comfort level making cold calls and consistent outbound sales efforts
- Strong time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and to self-motivate
- Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.