Our Game Plan
The Bridgeport Islanders are in search of Street Team members to join the Game Presentation Department and enhance the gameday atmosphere promote the Bridgeport Islanders. The Street Team’s primary focus is to promote the Bridgeport Islanders with the use of various marketing activations, sales strategies, and community initiatives. Street Team Members must possess a strong work ethic and be inclusive to interacting with all fans and supporters. You will have the opportunity to work up close and personal to the action of AHL hockey.
How to Make the Team
Gameday staff must be always “on”. Street team members should be dedicated to help with set up and any additional needs during the game. Street team members main roles will be to manage the concourse and any in-game activations. Members should be able to communicate well and make fans excited about in-game entertainment. This role reports directly to the Game Presentation Manager.
Show Us You Can
- Extremely Detail Oriented
- Strong Ability to Receive Direction in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with sales preferred
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - Must work well with others at all levels of organization
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Initiative fan interaction and drive fan engagement with a fun, enthusiastic, and positive attitude at all Bridgeport Islanders home games, events, and appearances
- Assist with set-up, take-down, and organization of equipment at team appearance stations
- Facilitate promotional activities and contests and distribute team merchandise, promotional items, pocket schedules, etc.
- Drive interest in and relay proper information about Bridgeport Islanders season, group, and individual game tickets
What Skills You’ll Use
- Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work
- Creativity: Contribute to the team with new ideas and concepts
- Leadership: Take initiative and display desire to learn
- Adaptability: Quickly pivot tasks without sacrificing quality
- Teamwork: Showcase a team-first mentality
- Enthusiasm: Bring high level of energy and passion each day
- Experience working at live sporting events preferred, but not required
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility with your schedule and available to work most, if not all, Bridgeport Islanders home regular season games
- Passionate and invested in your work
- Professionalism regarding deadlines and punctuality
- A motivated self-starter with a “no-task-too-small attitude”
Where You’ll Go
During the season: Bridgeport Islanders arena on Gamedays and the day prior for meetings.
What’s In It for You
- Be a part of a growing Team in the local area
- Huge experience for future careers in the sport or entertainment industry
- A fun and exciting atmosphere
- An enjoyable work area with supportive co-workers
The Fine Print
The Bridgeport Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.