WORK OPTION: In-Office
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
The Facilities team ensures that the built environemnt is functional and well-maintained, including, but not limited to, basketball venues and offices both domestically and internationally. This team acts as the liaison between the league offices, venues and property management to ensure standards are met for efficient work and game play.
Essential Functions and Job Summary
The Venue Logistics & Execution Lead will provide event support and venue expertise to ensure that venues adhere to the expectations and standards established by the NBA. Applicants must have the ability and willingness to travel 20-30% of the time.
- Serve as the lead Facilities representative for NBA games and events, providing event support, venue expertise and internal/external coordination to ensure that venues adhere to NBA facility requirements
- Coordinate and conduct on-site venue assessments to provide quality assurance of critical building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and lighting, as well as the evaluation of other operational and risk management considerations
- Identify and develop plans to address operational areas of opportunity and manage necessary upgrades and required remediations
- Act as the lead for the NBA’s venue-related interests with the Basketball Africa League (BAL), assisting in the identification of venues, addressing deficiencies and providing in-market support
- Work closely with facility operators to establish and maintain best practices, including aspects of base-building arena infrastructure and operational requirements in efforts to maintain game and event integrity
- Source and coordinate industry expert consultants as needed which may include architects, MEP and structural engineers
- Be instrumental in the development of venue operational guidelines and facility standards for NBA games and events
- Coordinate with internal and external League stakeholders to ensure compliance with NBA Arena Standards including the development, execution and support strategic plans and programs in accordance with business objectives
- Manage the execution and monitoring of venue conditions via the NBA’s Venue Environmental Support System installed in all 30 NBA arenas and used globally for games and NBA Events
- Lead facility-related support for marquee events which may include Global Games, In Season Tournament, All Star Weekend and NBA Finals
- Work across departments and understand the day-to-day functions and goals of each key discipline and the integration into venue operations and event execution
- Develop the business, build relationships, and execute programs in order to offer a high level of service as a resource available to the league
- Research, analyze, and monitor trends and advancements in the industry to improve and progress venue and operational strategies and implement new initiatives
- Develop and issue analytical reports and conduct appropriate analysis following all meetings, site visits, and events
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and certain holidays as games and events warrant
- Support arena-related Crisis Management Protocols
- Ability to travel and work internationally in support of events and Leagues throughout the world. This role will also provide necessary lead and support for other NBA affiliate Leagues throughout North America.
- Applicants must have the ability and willingness to travel 20-30% of the time
Required Education/Professional Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Preferred 8-10 years of large-venue or event operations experience, ideally in international markets, in a senior-level project management or arena infrastructure-based role
Required Skills/Knowledge Attributes
- Extensive conceptual and strategic skills with the ability to work with and quickly understand all functional areas of arena development, operations, engineering, and event execution with a facilities focus and solutions-based mindset
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills, with the ability to translate technical information to various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to interface at all levels of management and build a strong working relationship and rapport with internal and external partners
- High level of technical competence, analytical orientation, and attention to detail
- Experience-based capacity to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve building system and operational-related issues;
- Strong ability and vision to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple high-profile projects, tight deadlines, and immediate crisis management tasks with an expectation for excellence
- Confidence in meeting tight deadlines and managing multiple projects with an expectation for excellence
- Strong organizational and computer skills including various MS Office programs and the ability to use and navigate through various forms of computer-aided design (CAD) documents
Salary Range: $155,000 - $170,000
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League, and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App, and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.