Job Title: Public Safety Lead
Department: Public Safety
Job Reports to: Public Safety Supervisor
Brief Overview of Position:
The Public Safety Lead will be responsible for securing the building and equipment of the Arena and enforcing access throughout the building in the absence of a supervisor. Public Safety Lead will maintain order before, during and after events and will be assigned to a variety of posts during an event. Examples are guest screening using walk through metal detectors and/or handheld wands, posts securing access to restricted areas of the facility or securing parking facilities for events. Specific post assignments are subject to change from event to event. All officers must be able to work any position as needed.
- Provide mentorship/training of newly hired Public Safety Officers and provide direction as necessary.
- Assist the Public Safety Director/Manager/Supervisor as needed in developing and executing new policies and participate in security leadership discussions.
- Monitor and control the movements of patrons, visitors, employees and contractors along with monitoring exterior activity including pedestrians and vehicle traffic.
- Patrol premises and circulate among visitors, patrons and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors.
- Prepare badges for employees and ensure proper access to authorized areas of the Arena.
- Operate detecting devises to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into Arena or restricted areas.
- Escort individuals to specified locations and provide personal protection.
- Use walkie-talkies and cell phones to stay in contact with security personnel.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence tampering.
- Write clear and concise reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences, incidents or medical emergencies.
- Immediately notify police or fire department in case of emergency.
- Provide friendly customer service.
- Be alert during duty period and perform security related functions.
- Respond to calls and incidents at Arena.
- Correctly interpret and follow written technical instructions.
- Fully understand, operate independently, and successfully perform the following roles/positions:
- Command Center Dispatch (Gamedays)
- Base Operator (Non-Gamedays)
- Post I Operations
- Incident Report Writer
- Loading Dock Attendant
- Verbally answer questions from staff and the public.
- In the absence of Public Safety Supervisor:
- In coordination with Public Safety Manager, assign and direct work of Public Safety Officers and supervise assigned shift.
- Oversee the control room, cameras, telephones, Post 1, Security Base, and all parking areas in and around building
- Document all occurrences during set-ups including employee accidents or injuries, facility or equipment damage or misuse, and disciplinary problems with regular or temporary staff members and communicate to Public Safety Manager.
- Thoroughly review and audit all written reports during shift.
- Manage and maintain accuracy of daily activity reports and deliveries.
- Assist with scheduling and filling shifts due to call offs and communicate staffing issues to the Public Safety Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Public Safety Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good judgment.
- Minimum 3 years of related work in safety and security, preferably with arena experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising security personnel and success in a leadership capacity.
- Law enforcement or military experience preferred.
- Proficiency in all Security Operations as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the designated shift.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to security/personnel.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a desire to serve the company and public.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Experience working with the public, particularly in a customer service role.
- Basic computer skills.
- Report writing experience, including the ability to write thorough, clear and concise security reports.
- Must have or be able to obtain TN Private Protective Services Unarmed Security Guard license.
- Possess a valid Tennessee driver’s license, a suitable driving history, be insurable by employer’s insurance carrier and have reliable transportation.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to an extensive and thorough background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification, driving record check, and character references.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions:
- Physical activities require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, including sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to see details at a close range (within a few feet of the observer) and at a distance.
- Ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness and to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of distracting sounds.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs.
- Must be willing to work in adverse conditions in outside positions when assigned.
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Preds Perks: | In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, all full-time employees of the Nashville Predators and entities are eligible for Preds Perks. These currently include the following: Competitive pay, referral bonuses, 401K eligibility, priority access to event presales, tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, premium pay for overnight shifts, 19+ days of paid time off each year, Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.