About the Minnesota Twins:
At the Minnesota Twins, we are driven by a singular purpose – to up the game, on the field and off. Unwavering in our commitment to deliver championships and be a force for good, our innovative, diverse and incredibly talented team is creating new ways to win, to uplift and to unite. We are proud to be Minnesota’s baseball team. We believe in our power to create positive change. We are setting the standard for a modern sports and entertainment brand that shapes a better tomorrow for all.
The primary responsibilities for Target Field Events - Assistant Event Coordinator internship is to gain hands on experience and provide assistance in support of all event services at Target Field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Target Field Events, Event Services department in all areas relating to executing events and meetings within Target Field on non-game days.
- Assist the department with general service operations - including invoicing and billing, event planning and execution, social media support, and other duties.
- Take on special projects within the department to continue to enhance the Target Field Event experience and grow Target Field as a premier event venue.
- Play a role in events of all types including Corporate, Fundraising/Non-Profit, School, Weddings & private events.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge or interest in event/venue management, event planning, and coordination is preferred.
- Knowledge or interest in social media planning is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and a self-starter who is motivated to help the team succeed.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, detail oriented, strong problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends as required.
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday.
- Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, dining room, etc.
Time Commitment: January 2024 - December 2024.
Hours: 36 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the opportunity but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled