Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with Communications/Media Service/Publications/Player Relations duties.
- Responsible for pulling game statistics and distributing game-day information to media members covering Twins home games.
- Assist in writing daily game notes, minor league reports, postgame notes and daily clips.
- Prepare daily credential requests and update database as needed.
- Write feature stories for publications as well as magazine distribution throughout the ballpark on game days.
- Assist in editing the club's official media guide and season summary book.
- Maintain and monitor all press box needs.
- Assist with communications office general needs, including maintenance of publications archives, etc.
Required Experience and Education:
- Working towards or have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Sports Management, Sports Information or a related field from a four-year college or university and/or experience in a Sports Information department.
- Familiarity with Major League Baseball.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization, and multitasking skills.
- Willing and able to work long hours, weekends and holidays (especially during homestands).
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
Time Commitment: January 2024 - November 2024.
Hours: 40 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing Assistance available up to $2,500
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.