Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry level position designed to provide exposure to the Baseball Research department.
- Gain experience by providing analyses, tools, and recommendations that improve decision making processes for all parts of Baseball Operations, including Amateur Scouting, International Scouting, Advance Scouting, Player Development, and Player Personnel.
- Work to process, clean, and verify integrity of data used for analyses, evaluates and builds statistical models, and guide end-user consumption of analytical productions.
- Some administrative and logistical support is expected.
Required Experience and Education:
- Rising college senior, current graduate student, recent graduates, or others beginning their careers.
- Academic professional, or other demonstrable experience equivalent to an undergraduate or graduate degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Data Science is preferred.
- Some knowledge (academic, work, or other) of the following research skills: Statistical Concepts (e.g., probability, linear regression, Bayesian inference); Statistical Programs (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB); and Data Manipulation/Querying (e.g., SQL, Spark, dplyr, pandas).
- Understanding of baseball.
- Appropriate written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with building statistical or Machine learning models using statistical computing software is preferred.
- Experience generating complex data visualizations, using specific communication tools such as reports, notebooks, and custom applications or practical familiarity with baseball technology such as ball tracking systems (e.g., Hawkeye, Trackman, Rapsodo), motion capture (e.g., Simi, KinTrax, 4D Motion, Hawkeye), and training tools (e.g., Blast, Hittrax) is preferred.
Time Commitment: February 2024 - October 2024 OR June 2024 - August 2024.
Hours: 45 hours/week.
Location: Target Field or Remote.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.