Department: Stadium Operations
Direct Supervisor: Senior Director, Stadium Operations
The Director of Stadium Operations serves as an integral member of the Stadium Operations team, ensuring that the stadium is always event ready, safely organized, and fully operational year-round. The ideal candidate is someone who has functional knowledge of how stadiums operate, experience in a variety of large-scale events, and can lead facility improvements and capital projects.
- This is a full-time position based on site at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL.
- Lead day-to-day operations for all Hard Rock Stadium Events, including but not limited to Miami Dolphins, University of Miami games, Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, Miami Open, Orange Bowl, Orange Blossom Classic, concerts, festivals, and soccer matches.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors, and internal personnel to ensure that event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful experience for all stakeholders and attendees.
- On-site event supervision to serve as the stadium contact for teams, promoters and clients while working closely with Guest Experience, Security, Housekeeping, Engineering, Ticket Ops, Grounds, etc.
- Solicit post event follow ups with internal stadium departments, continually seeking ways to improve operations.
- Oversee the Stadium Operations department budget; develop and manage event expenses to stay on budget for all stadium events.
- Maintain the stadium in a manner that ensures fiscal responsibility while maintaining a high standard of operational excellence.
- Implement and maintain routine maintenance inspections.
- Manage all stadium storage locations and track use of stadium assets.
- Order product and maintain inventory.
- Work closely with direct reports to drive success and carry out all duties as assigned.
- Conduct annual performance reviews.
- Continue to grow the Stadium Operations team in line with our organizational goals and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area.
- 4+ years experience working in stadium operations
- Working knowledge of special event operations and facility management
- Strong organizational skills, time management, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & leadership skills to maintain internal and vendor relationship
- Good time management and ability to multitask
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Bilingual skills helpful
- Ability to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance (including voluntary coverage for spouses and children)
- Long term disability insurance
- Ticket benefits for events including Miami Dolphins games, the Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, and the Miami Open
- Discounts on a variety of products and services
- 401k and NFL Club Employees Pension Plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and company holidays
The Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium and South Florida Motorsports are proud to be Drug-Free Workplaces. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.