Supervisor: Director, Advertising and Digital Marketing
This role will help design and execute digital marketing across the Astros organization. This role is responsible for Astros owned digital products, including email, Astros.com, the MLB Ballpark App, SMS/push campaigns and paid media campaigns.
This role reports to the Director of Advertising and Digital Marketing and this individual is responsible for helping to drive the club’s advertising and media mix strategy across tv, radio, print, digital and social mediums.
This role partners all departments in the organization to curate and share content driving revenue and engagement. The individual in this role partners with the broadcasting team to drive activation and advertising promotion with our broadcast rights holders.
Additionally, this role will provide marketing, advertising and social media support to the Astros portfolio of brands including the Texas Children’s Houston Open event and owned affiliate partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with the creation of the overall media strategy across all owned and paid assets – including but not limited to setting objectives, budgets, audience segments and creative assets.
- Help create strategic Media Plans for all promotions, events, sponsor initiatives, community initiatives, etc. and facilitate execution. Plans should be holistic and cohesive across all mediums.
- Identify overall club marketing priorities with the Director of Advertising, and plan advertising resources accordingly to drive top initiatives.
- Lead execution of advertising and media plans, collaborating across the Astros organization to drive to completion.
- Work with Marketing Analytics to create and identify fan segments and profiles and deliver targeted advertising campaigns to a relevant audience.
- Coordinate and align the efforts of general market advertising, social media and market development activities to the overall goals of the marketing department and organization.
- Collaborate with Corporate Partnerships to develop ways to activate the Astros brand with partners and sponsors.
- Provide reports of the effectiveness of all advertising campaigns including email, social, digital and mobile.
- Develop data-driven, full-funnel campaign strategies across the entire consumer lifecycle through individual emails and customer journeys.
- Develop campaigns using testing, segmentation creative management and project management to optimize for sales conversions and audience retention.
- Test and optimize automation workflows to ensure league-leading best practices
- Pull and maintain proper audience segmentation lists
- Manage relationships with external partners to strategize, ideate and incorporate new technologies into existing digital platforms.
- Regularly analyze data and provide recommendations on how to drive website traffic (demand gen) and increase time spent (fan engagement).
- Research latest trends and best practices in digital advertising to ensure owned assets are optimized for click-through and conversion.
- Collaborate with MiLB and MLBAM to create and maintain innovative website and optimize user experiences via web, mobile, and social.
- Develop product roadmap of features and enhancements aligned to MLB future vision
- Collaborate with Corporate Partnerships to create and activate sellable digital inventory
- Develop MLB Ballpark App marketing strategy prioritizing downloads, adoption and engagement (i.e. food and beverage, check-in offers, seat upgrades).
- Other Marketing department support duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field
- 5+ years’ of experience in digital marketing, sports or entertainment experience
- High level of demonstrated professionalism, integrity and decorum
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships across all internal departments, as well as outside vendors and/or clients (includes verbal and written communication)
- Creative, energetic and proactive approach to work
- Ability to anticipate and make recommendations based on the needs of manager and/or project
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an ability to identify trends, draw valid conclusions and make insightful recommendations
- Strong relationship building skills
- Innovative and proactive thinker
- Detailed oriented, organized and ablility to multi-task
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish is preferred
- Prior experience with ZetaHub, Iterable is preferred
- Copywriting experience for digital and email is preferred
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Power BI is preferred
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.