Department: Information Technology
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Service Desk
The Audio-Visual Specialist will be responsible for executing set up, tear down and technical audio-visual requirements for all events at Minute Maid Park. This person will work with CAD diagrams of room set-ups and AV requirements. This person will be required to be on-site during events to accommodate any last-minute layout changes or audiovisual needs. During baseball season, this person will also be responsible for setting up all pre and post-game activities for all departments, including but not limited to Ticket Sales & Service, Corporate Partnerships, Media Relations, Foundation and Marketing. This person will report to the Senior Manager, Service Desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Execute event layouts as requested by departments. This will include but is not limited to set up of tables, chairs, stages, podiums, microphones, projectors, screens, AV carts, and stanchions.
- Create and maintain an accurate and well-kept inventory of fixed assets.
- Ensure the inventory includes the necessities for event production.
- Work closely with the Stadium Operations and Facilities team to execute assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Provide repairs and preventative maintenance on AV equipment as needed with assistance where appropriate.
- Manage audio visual set up, for internal and external events.
- Be on-site during pre-determined events to facilitate set-up or AV changes.
- Prepare facility for functions in a timely manner.
- Maintain, clean, and organize all event, service, and storage areas.
- May be asked to assist guests with special requests.
- Follow events agenda to service areas and guests.
- Provide support and technical guidance to multiple facilities throughout Texas and the US
- Radio and TV broadcast support.
- Work side by side with third party AV partners.
- On Call support.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Skilled in setting up, operating, and taking down standard audio and video equipment.
- Experience in troubleshooting AV issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Willing to work any shift including nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
- The individual must take initiative, be team oriented and prompt.
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers, in person and over the phone.
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment. Must be adept to multitasking.
- Experience in a large-venue environment with complex audio-visual solutions
- Experience supporting RF television distribution systems
- Experience with less common AV technologies (Ross Expression, Daktronics, AVID)
- Demonstrated capability to work with broadcast trucks and support TV/radio on live event productions
- Experience configuring and supporting Dante and QSC Qsys audio networks
- Bilingual is a plus
This job operates in an office and ballpark setting. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. The work is performed both indoors and outdoors, in varying weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear.
- Must be able to lift carry push or pull 50 pounds without assistance and 51+ pounds with appropriate support and assistance.
- Must be able to bend lift and carry objects such as packages, tables, chairs, and other function set up related equipment.
- Must be able to sit in a single location for 3 to 4 hours.
- Must be able to withstand loud sound for long periods.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Some travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.