At FIFA26, our vision is to unite the world through the greatest sporting event of all time. The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament will feature 48 teams and be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico and the USA. This new format will redefine excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement among fans and players across North America and all over the world. Now is your time to become a game changer and join the workforce that will plan and deliver this extraordinary and unforgettable experience.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Reporting organisationally to the Head of Workforce Management, the Senior Manager, Workforce will be a key member of the FIFA26 Workforce team, and work in close collaboration with FIFA Zurich key collaborators and other key individuals.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Senior Manager, Workforce for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Assist in management of the strategic overview of Workforce across all the FIFA26 events, as well as Tournament delivery.
- Input into the Workforce overall budget, calendar and to the overall total workforce approach
- Be a key point of contact for Workforce Planning exercises throughout the lifecycle of the tournament, including special events for FIFA Staff/FIFA Freelancers
- Create, set up and implement elements of the Workforce process from end to end, streamlining and adjusting as required to be as efficient as possible
- Establish & communicate the Workforce List as the ‘source of truth’ to ensure the organisation accesses and utilises the same consistent and accurate data
- Implement, manage and communicate the change management processes as required to ensure the continuation of planning
- Establish Workforce Service Levels for events and help create a workforce entitlements matrix for all FIFA26 workforce member groups- these include, transport, travel, accommodation, laundry, uniforms and expenses
- Support in the generation and communication of Policies and Procedures to support workforce experience and expectations during Tournament/event time e.g. working hours
- During Tournament Time, this role becomes critical in the management and delivery of Workforce operational requirements- i.e Workforce Ticketing process, office set ups, key communications, tournament celebration events, and reward and recognition / certificate distributions.
- Build, sustain, and clarify worldwide and country-specific people processes, policies, and procedures. Create a consistent business practice and consider local needs.
- Input into Workforce Technology tools/development
- Work with other Operational Services functions as required i.e. accommodation, travel, transport, to ensure the Workforce client group is a priority
- Manage and give guidance to Workforce team members (Managers/Specialists/Coordinators), as directed by the Head of Workforce and support within the team, establishing regular 1:1’s as and when required
- Work collaboratively with the FIFA Zurich Workforce Team, as well as the Administration Teams in Canada and Mexico to ensure consistency of approach across all Workforce project management
- Lead other Workforce projects as required
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
Education & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree, specialization in business, HR or other related field.
- Project Management certification is a bonus
- Demonstrate initiative and a strong focus on providing a high level of service while managing expectations to ensure a sustainable and positive programme
- Demonstrate numeracy skills related to budget management
- Cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate challenges and build contingency plans effectively
- Ability to engage and motivate partners and lead the programme through challenging issues
- Cooperative/consultative approach
- Flexible and dynamic
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Travel required before and during tournaments and events
- Travel required for meetings
- A minimum experience of 5-years in Workforce Management; preferably with experience in major (sports) events and / or corporate organisations.
- Knowledge of event planning and event project management processes is essential.
- Proven track record in administering workforce related projects across complex quantity structures both from initial planning through to operational delivery
- Astute project management skills – able to manage conflicting deadlines and mobilize contingency plans quickly.
- Planning and management of complex budgets
- Management of uniform supply chain, definite plus
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in any other FIFA language (French / Spanish / German) is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in using WeTrack and Monday.com project management tools
- Understanding of IT implementations
- Ability to manage multiple inboxes
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.