We govern the beautiful game and ensure it's run with transparency and integrity.
Join our team in Miami and support us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Handling the investigation process before the Investigatory Chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee under the guidance of the chairperson or the chief of investigation
- Coordinating with other departments (TMS, Finance, Integrity and Anti-Doping, Medical, Social Responsibility and Human Rights, Translation and Interpretation Team, etc.) and experts providing investigative support
- Communications and request for information to the interested/accused parties of investigations proceedings, support on the organization of witness interviews and witness statements, and, when necessary, coordinating such tasks with other departments or external experts
- Assisting the relevant chairperson of the Investigatory Chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee in the preparation of the final report and meetings
- Assessment on legal aid requests, witness protection requests, witness/victim’s psychological support, and when necessary, coordinating such tasks with other departments or external experts within the context of the investigation proceedings
- Contribute to identify and suggest measures to prevent violations of the FIFA Code of Ethics and FIFA Disciplinary Code and better guarantee the safeguarding and integrity of football worldwide
- Closely collaborating and supporting the Head of Department for the new set-up of the Department (i.e. determining processes, workflow, template creation, etc.)
- Ensuring a worldwide recognition of the activity of the Ethics Department and the Judicial Bodies Subdivision
- Representing and enhancing FIFA’s image
- Holding and participating in workshops with FIFA employees, member associations or confederations on Judicial Bodies -related issues
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Law University degree (Bar Exam an asset)
- Post-graduate or official certificate in Criminal law and/or Criminology
- Post-Graduate in Sport law is an asset
- Proven experience in legal services in an international environment of at least 5 years
- Good knowledge of football governance as well as of FIFA’s regulations, and proven experience in FIFA’s Disciplinary and Ethics proceedings
- Excellent legal drafting and presentation skills in English
- Excellent legal drafting and presentation in Spanish or French an asset
- Ability to conduct analysis and draw out conclusions
- Excellent editorial skills
- Good planning and organisational skills with solid IT-know how
- Ability to work unsupervised and precisely
- Ability to work well under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Good analytical skills, conscientiousness, accuracy and quality
- Proactiveness, rigorous and consistent, particularly when handling large amounts of documents
- Team player with good interpersonal relations
PERKS & BENEFITS
The biggest benefit of a career at FIFA is the privilege to work for the beautiful game and create something that matters.
Alongside that privilege, we also offer some extra perks and benefits:
Health insurance: We offer generous medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.
Continuous learning: We care about your development and encourage internal mobility, offering a variety of training and education to help achieve it.
Retirement: We offer generous 401(k) employer contributions.
Vacation: Maintain a healthy work/life balance with a generous vacation allowance.
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world. The last FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022 attracted more than 5 billion viewers and the last FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 was the greatest-ever FIFA Women's World Cup that inspired millions of girls and women around the globe. The opportunities for growth are exciting.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have offices in Miami and Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.