The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.
Reporting organizationally to the Planning and Integration Executive Director, the Head of PMO and Reporting is responsible for developing and implementing best practice project/programme delivery, providing control and support across the entire portfolio of FIFA 2026 inc. functional areas in USA, CAN and MEX. The role will ensure FIFA World Cup 2026 Project Plan is monitored, dates of milestones and deliverables are adhered to and projects/programme risks are properly identified, escalated and tracked.
The main responsibilities of the Head of PMO and Reporting for the FIFA World Cup 2026 include:
- Play a key role in the recruitment and training of a Project Management team, in FIFA26 across USA, CAN, MEX and FIFA Venue Teams.
- Work closely with the FIFA World Cup Project Office and with the relevant FWC26 functional area Directors, Heads of and Project Managers to establish a project/programme management rigor with the appropriate resources, communication, methods, processes and tools.
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of projects/and or programme, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with company practice
- Develop, maintain and implement quality management processes for project and or programme activities and outputs, including reviewing project plans and other relate documentation for quality, identifying what could be improved, providing feedback, guidance and coaching Project/Programme Managers in the team and across the various company's Functional Areas
- Develop, maintain and implement appropriate processes to ensure compliance with project management methodology and provide feedback, guidance and coaching where required
- Identify, develop and implement frameworks and methodologies that ensure management of projects and/or programmes will be comprehensive and consistent across the company
- Identify, develop and implement a reporting framework that ensures regular status updates are gathered and used to report on company's progress towards the operational delivery of the Tournament
- Establish and manage reviews with company's functional areas at appropriate points during the planning phase of the Tournament to ensure progress is tracked
- Compile regular progress status reports for project/programme governance meetings
- Ensure project/programme risks are clearly identified, documented and that a mitigation strategy is put in place to manage them
- Guide and support project/programme managers to prepare and maintain schedules for projects/programme activities and events, considering dependencies and resource requirements
- Provide reporting and updates to the Planning and Integration Executive Director and senior leadership on progress and issues as required
- Ensure information management guidelines are adhered to across the team, regularly conducting checks to ensure Project Plan and document libraries are organised according to company's guidelines (I.e. archiving, folder hierarchy structure, file names etc.)
- Lead the knowledge/lessons management process to ensure lessons learned from project managing the Tournament are identified, documented and take a leading role to facilitate the exchange of information
- Remain flexible in order to support other FIFA26 projects, in addition to those outlined above
- During the Tournament, the role will transition into coordinating the day to day management of the Tournament Headquarters/Main Operations Centre and all aspects related to the resolution of issues
- Bachelor's Degree or similar level of higher education in business, project management or related field
- APM, PMI or Prince 2 professional qualification
- Minimum experience of 8 years in a central project/programme management role including for more than one major event at national and/or international level
- Experience creating and implementing a central PMO function within a sport organisation or medium/large sized corporation
- Experience in developing and implementing project/programme management methodologies
- Experience assessing levels of risk and implementing mitigation measures
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently and under pressure
- Ability to report complex project/programme data into simple dashboards
- Strong people management skills and experience working in fast paced team environments
- Experience forward planning and identification of competing resource demands, timelines
- Delegates effectively and enables others to achieve
- High level of presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project) and planning software and online collaboration tools
- High competence in the use of Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables etc.)
- Proficient in Project Management software and tools (I.e. SmartSheet, MS Project, Monday.com etc.)