About OEG Sports & Entertainment:
OEG Sports & Entertainment delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
Our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passions, which is ours as well! We play hard as a team, and with devoted integrity towards our common purpose. We have commitments to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry, and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director, Partnership Services, the Coordinator, Corporate Partnership Services is responsible for supporting the department in the development of presentation decks and sales tools through creative design and copy writing. In addition, the role is responsible for the activation and marketing of select Corporate Partnership accounts as well as executing the departments Hosting / Hospitality platform.
Your Focus in this Role:
Creative & Communications Responsibilities
- Design and edit custom graphics for program activations, presentations, and event invites
- Develop and update department collateral and sales tools
- Develop custom presentations for proposal and recap purposes
- Draft, write, and edit written copy and communications for all types of presentations (sales documents, proposals, recaps, etc.)
- Draft, write, and edit external email communications
Department Hosting and Hospitality Platform Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution of the department hosting portion of the Partner Service Plan including project planning and event execution
- Coordinates details of local and remote events such as hosting evenings and travel
- Responsible for the successful coordination of OEG partnership events and programs
- Creates invite designs and sends out invitations and manages RSVP list for Partnership events
- Coordinates and monitors event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Liaises with internal and external teams to finalize all event details
- Assists in tracking and forecasting budgets to ensure they are adhered to
Marketing, Event, and Game Activation Responsibilities
- Lead the activation and fulfillment of select Corporate Partnership relationships under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Partnership Services
- Collaborate and support the Corporate Partnership Service team through planning, strategy development, execution and event support for marketing initiatives and in-market programs
- Complete necessary administrative and marketing responsibilities for the Corporate Partnership Service team
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Corporate Partners
- Regular best practices research of other professional sports teams
Who You Are:
- You’re a positive person with a customer-centric focus
- You’re a self-starter that is excited by autonomy and has a relentless drive to exceed expectations
- You’re open-minded and don’t mind adjusting on the fly
- You believe in a team-first mentality and you thrive in a collaborative, egoless environment
- You’re organized, have a keen eye for detail, and incredible time management skills
- You have a talent for building great working relationships at all levels within an organization
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or related field is required
- 1+ years of experience is required
- Experience in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrated is strongly preferred
- Experience in Event Management or Coordination is an asset
- Must demonstrate impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships, work and contribute in a fast-paced team environment and deliver excellence in client service with tight timelines
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Expects highest quality performance from self and others
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
What’s in it for you?
- 100% Employer Paid Benefits + RSP Matching Program
- Oilers, Oil Kings, and Live Entertainment Ticket Options
- Healthcare and Lifestyle Spending Account Options
- On-Site Parking and Transit Allowance
- On-Site Gym
- Beautiful Office Space located Downtown Edmonton within Rogers Place – with easy access to the LRT!
- Social Work Culture + Employee Events
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team.
Stay in Touch!
Official Edmonton Oilers Website | NHL.com