The security representative provides 24/7 security to ensure the safety and welfare of all colleagues and guests inside Comerica Park, including the physical contents of the venue. This is an hourly position with benefits as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between SEIU Local 1 and the Detroit Tigers, Inc. and is not limited to working days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Regularly inspect protective equipment that provides security to the venue including doors, fences, locks, and lighting, and report on their condition.
- Regularly screen guests and guest packages being brought into Comerica Park. Screening is conducted by electronic detectors and/or physical searches of persons and property.
- Screen and inspect vehicles entering Comerica Park. Screening is conducted using hand-held screening tools and/or physical searches of vehicles and vehicle contents.
- Daily inspection of the boiler-room, fire pump station, and ventilation rooms for possible mechanical problems.
- Monitor and patrol on foot, Comerica Park premises, including the adjoining parking garage and grounds, to identify, diagnose and resolve safety concerns in order to maintain and promote a safe and secure environment.
- Prevent, deter, and deny the opportunity for unlawful or unauthorized activities to occur in or around Comerica Park, including the adjoining parking garage and grounds.
- Respond to alarms, disturbances, or other incidents occurring inside Comerica Park, including the adjoining parking garage and grounds.
- Provide escorts to colleagues or guests within Comerica Park and provide personal protection to colleagues or guests when needed.
- Operate the access and intrusion control system.
- Operate the fire control system.
- Operate the credentialing system.
- Accept deliveries and operate the Pitney Bowes or other package tracking system to account for items and/or packages delivered to Comerica Park. Operate the CCTV, burglary, and other alarm systems.
- Write an accurate incident report by recording and communicating information, observations, and occurrences in writing (electronic format) so others will understand. Interview witnesses and other persons relevant to a specific incident and attach photographs and other documents to reports as necessary.
- Notify security management and/or proper authorities as situations dictate.
- Contribute to the overall security effort by accomplishing other related tasks as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of colleagues and guests.
- Strong computer abilities and experience in Microsoft Office software.
- The ability to learn and use advanced and emerging technology in order to promote security operations and the overall security posture of Comerica Park.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- The ability to read, understand and follow written instructions, and understand and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Exhibit and maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with others, especially during stressful situations.
- Exercise good judgment and emotional control while remaining objective when interacting with colleagues and guests.
- Exercise integrity in all aspects of job duties and performance.
- Reliable in reporting for work on time and when assigned.
- Ability to present a professional appearance in accordance with grooming and dress code standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use a walkie-talkie and/or other communication devices to communicate with and stay in contact with other security personnel.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current or previous experience in the fields of law enforcement, fire service, medical service, security, or military is preferred.
- Must possess reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work up to 30 hours a week.
- Must be able to work any shift days, afternoons, or midnights.
- Flexible schedule to include working weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, usually 8 hours.
- Must be able to navigate stairs.
- Must be able to bend and lift objects necessary to perform primary duties.
- Must be able to work in a variety of outdoor climates including extreme heat and cold, humidity, rain, and darkness.
- Must be able to defend self or others, using minimal physical force if necessary, and only in accordance with corporate use of force policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.