The Lions, much like the city and community they represent, are built on a blue-collar work ethic that values hustle and conviction.
Ford Field, the home of the Lions since 2002 in the heart of Detroit, is part of a vibrant sports and entertainment district featuring all four major professional sports franchises. Ford Field is also home to a dedicated and passionate multi-generational fan base reflective of the innovation, creativity and drive synonymous with Detroit.
Under the leadership of Sheila Hamp, the great granddaughter of Henry Ford, the Lions have ushered in an era of rebirth focused on creating an inclusive and equitable experience for employees, partners and fans. Building off the rich and diverse history of the city, the Lions embrace transparency and value contribution from all areas of the organization. We believe in the power of a pride, and acknowledge winning together takes understanding, acceptance, and teamwork. We believe in our “we” culture and are committed to building a new tradition that Detroit and Michigan can be proud of.
One Pride. For All.
This role is responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the Football Education Division by coordinating youth, middle school and high school football programming and activities to enhance development of the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Football Education Manager position will work with the Executive Director of Football Education and internal departments to effectively support the department goals, which includes:
- Assist with creating, implementing and conducting both new and turnkey Football Education programming
- Will help prospect, develop and lead the Detroit Lions Summer Football Camps schedule
- Will promote, schedule and help lead all Detroit Lions Elementary School Assemblies
- Will schedule and help oversee Detroit Lions Halftime and Postgame Youth Football Game program
- Work closely with external partners to schedule football programming, including but not limited to, parks and recreation departments, community education departments, school districts, higher learning institutions and youth football organizations
- Will oversee and maintain football equipment inventory and equipment distribution
- Responsible for department travel coordination which includes without limitation, lodging of staff and transportation of equipment
- Will assist the Executive Director of Football Education with developing a social media plan that will include but not limited to, implementation, content creation and execution
- Will assist with capturing and managing the Football Education video and digital photo database for promotional videos and/or ad placement
- Will assist with managing, editing and providing content for the Detroit Lions Football Education website
- Will assist in the creation, coordination and execution of partner-driven Football Education events
- Will direct assigned camps, clinics and assemblies including Summer Camps, Ford Field mini-clinics and Educational School Assemblies
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and of web tools and software being used
- Will maintain an appropriate level of knowledge on the game of football
- Will actively participate in team and organization meetings
- Will assist Executive Director of Football Education with tracking all invoices and expenses against budget
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Maintains professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- The ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop solutions quickly and effectively
- Will adjust work schedule to meet departmental demands
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the
objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
- A VALID Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Recreation, or related field
- 5+ years of previous youth, adult or intramural sports programming or similar experience required
- Must have desire and ability working with children
- Football coaching experience preferred
- Must live by the Detroit Lions Football Education “One-Liner” of “providing educational experiences for children, parents and coaches focusing on character development, player health and safety, coaching knowledge, football and fun!”
- Must be agile, development focused, inspiring, humble and a big picture thinker
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok)
- Excellent follow through, strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication, public speaking skills and proven interpersonal skills
- Will adjust schedule as needed to meet work goals and time constraints, including working nights, weekends, and holidays as football schedule directs
- Must travel for camps, clinics, conferences and conventions
- May require work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility
- This position requires the employee to occasionally lift objects of 10-50 pounds
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.