Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Director, Head of Partnership Marketing is a role on the corporate leadership team overseeing direct reports (Partnership Marketing Representatives) who manage corporate Cavs & Franchise Accounts. This sales-driven position is focused on driving exemplary execution of partnerships, renewing, and growing existing corporate partnerships. The candidate should have a proven track record of success demonstrating revenue generation, creativity, reporting and management skills, inventory management, and possess the ability to drive the Partnership Marketing business to industry best practices and proven success.
The role is responsible to lead key initiatives inclusive of driving revenue, client satisfaction, cultivating meaningful relationships with Cavs and Franchise corporate partners and provide professional development of the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership of Direct Reports:
- Manage the Partnership Marketing team which has oversite of existing corporate partnership relationships and revenue.
- Responsible for resource allocation, personnel management, and daily departmental reporting and administration.
- Develop and sell programs based on client go-to-market strategy.
- Lead relationship management, consistent execution of high standards for partnership sales meetings, presentations and all collateral and touch points.
- Negotiate and prepare contract terms of partnerships with input from finance and legal team members aligned with accuracy and compliance.
- Collaborate with internal departments to create organizational alignment and ensure seamless execution of partnership programs and integrated campaigns.
- Provide weekly reporting and communication of various sales related metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment status, and relevant sponsor interaction.
- Achieve and exceed department goals inclusive of renewal revenue, upsell revenue, best practice execution, client touchpoints and service levels.
- Provide ongoing leadership, coaching and development to partnership team for the highest level of performance and culture.
- Lead key initiatives and strategy for the team to develop, manage and present measurement and KPI’s to partners based on meeting their objectives.
Strategy and Planning:
- Proactive and consistent communication, strategy, planning, feedback, and recommendations to clients.
- Execution of partner briefs, activation game plans and recaps with clear and transparent strategy, game plan and execution.
- Provide expertise in planning, activating, and measuring programs and campaigns.
- Maintenance of all client records in CRM system, including up-to-date contact information, deal sheets, billing, and other activities necessary for accurate record-keeping and communication mechanisms.
- Consistent standards of all collateral to clients, customized meetings, and meaningful engagements.
- Positive engagement and collaboration with team members, internal and external stakeholders.
Leadership and Communication:
- Ability to assess macro and microenvironments to ensure all business objectives are met.
- Ability to implement and drive initiatives that allow the team to meet individual and group goals.
- Ensure all processes and practices are being audited and revised as necessary to remain best in class in activation, client satisfaction and brand health.
- Ability to sell in strategy and solutions to C-Suite and inter-departmental leaders in effort to drive key initiatives forward.
- Strong ability to build, lead, manage and motivate the Partnership Marketing team, providing clear strategic direction and guidance on prioritization of goals, and providing input and coaching on key deliverables.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to navigate internal & external networks at the executive level.
- Participate, contribute, and lead organizational initiatives outside of Corporate Partnerships.
- Create culture, live the culture, spread the culture of our organization and department.
- Strong internal voice to push Corporate Partnerships goals and tie into greater organizational mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management, or a related field preferred.
- 7+ years of revenue generation partnership sales experience, within a professional sports team, league, media or entertainment organization.
- Consistent attendance at department or company events and games including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- A track record of driving revenue growth and meeting set goals.
- Known throughout the industry for professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.