Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering epic experiences for our fans, team members, community, and the world. Fueled by a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, we strive to recruit individuals that will be enthusiastic and purposeful in carrying out our vision as Transformative Leaders in Sports and Entertainment. If you are ready to work in the fast-paced and high-energy setting of the Cavs, Monsters, Charge, Legion and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse— then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the Director, Engineering & Maintenance, the Building Crew Employee (BME) provides event and building maintenance, including, but not limited to, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and plumbing. Loads and unloads equipment and operates equipment including Hi-Lo operators (if licensed), spotlights, and stereotypical equipment. This position will specialize in sound audio technology as it relates to arena events and equipment. Installs and operates temporary lighting and sound systems, sets up, operates and maintains all house, sound, and lighting systems used in the arena. Performs related, general work as assigned, involving the production of sporting events, tradeshows, concerts, conventions, and other events held at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. May also lead the work of stagehand personnel on occasion. MUST have strong HVAC and AV experience.
- Operates, repairs, maintains, adjusts, and interfaces audio system with other audio systems in the building.
- Performs research and develops strategies to determine best solutions for system integration and upgrades.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance tasks and recording information.
- Responds to service calls and makes corrections/repairs.
- Logs appropriate data and corrective measures on the work order system.
- Maintains and updates information in equipment logs.
- Makes scheduled equipment rounds and logs pertinent operating data.
- Adjusts, dismantles, repairs and assembles equipment.
- Performs craft services such as welding, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, electronics, HVAC, locksmith, minor carpentry and painting.
- Responds to trouble and emergency situations and performs tasks necessary for the well-being and protection of property and occupants.
- Sets controls and limits on Johnson Controls METASYS systems.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or related trade school training.
- Possess a valid Ohio driver's license.
- 5-7 years' experience in general electrical, HVAC systems, plumbing, electronics and carpentry.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with guests, vendors, staff, and other facility users.
- Be willing to become a member of I.A.T.S.E. Local 27 Union.
- Be reliable, honest, dependable, punctual and have a strong customer service orientation.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to interpret complex mechanical and electrical drawings/schematics for trouble shooting and repair.
- climb stairs and ladders; lift and carry equipment and supplies of up to 150 pounds on a regular basis; walk and work on roofs and catwalks over 150 feet high;
- work a flexible schedule and extra hours as needed; and work in varying weather conditions.
- Must have good working knowledge of AV wiring paths and patching panels.
- Previous seat repair experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Technical license preferred.