Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
The Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Senior Manager of Video with a background in visual storytelling and creative media. The individual in this role will be responsible for the development and production of video content for the Fire’s digital and social platforms, with an emphasis on creating for Apple TV, Corporate Partnerships, and other internal and external partners. A successful candidate will have experience across a variety of areas including pre-production, communication, leading, shooting, sound design, editing and post-production (color, motion, encoding, etc.).
The position will report to the Senior Manager of Video and Creative Services and work within the larger Creative, Marketing, and Communications group to engage both existing and prospective fans with the goal of driving fandom and delivering on business objectives.
- Assist with every facet of video and creative services including developing production plans, gathering input from stakeholders, scheduling, filming, and post-production work
- Own the end-to-end production of large projects including creative pitches, capturing and editing content, and communication with the required departments
- Capture footage as needed of Chicago Fire matchdays, MLS Next Pro team, and training sessions
- Work in collaboration with the Creative team, communications department, and the first-team to tell the stories of our athletes and members in the Chicago community
- Assist with creative video production for in-stadium usage
- Assist with shooting and editing press conferences, player interviews, highlight reels, and community relations’ events
- Assist in the production of our long form documentary series around the first-team players and staff
- Ideate ways to successfully grow the presence of the Chicago Fire brand through Apple TV
- Provide new creative ideas to promote special theme nights, key matchups, ticket offers etc. through video
- Lead creative pitches – Listen to our club’s needs, pitch new ideas and concepts to partners, and successfully meet deadlines
- Storytell around all aspects of the club, from the players to the fans to the complete matchday experience at Soldier Field
- Produce video assets to be custom for a variety of digital channels
- Log and archive clips to facilitate future accessibility
- Assist with the overseeing and maintenance of camera equipment including inventory, packing, and upkeep
- Must have excellent attention to detail surrounding all projects
- Ensure adherence to brand standards and guidelines
- Transport, set up, and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio recorders, lighting equipment and microphones for location and studio production
- Cover select road matches, providing real-time footage transfers to remote editors
- Contribute to the marketing team’s overall strategy and success in both team and cross-department meetings
- Provide creative thinking and planning to help solve business problems for a variety of stakeholders
- Stay up to date on latest trends in video content across various industries
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five (3-5) years relevant work experience in video production
- Experience overseeing and mentoring a group of creatives
- Experience pitching a creative vision through video content – ability to communicate this effectively with other partners to enhance support and buy-in
- Mastery with using professional cinema cameras including Sony FX9, FX6, and/or FX3 cameras
- Mastery with lighting set-up and interview composition
- Proficient with working in Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac devices, especially Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Familiarity with photography and ability to shoot photos when needed
- Proven ability to interact and brainstorm concepts within a team setting
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends when needed
- Well organized with ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Great communicator, professional in presentation and able to work with multiple stakeholders and personalities
- Great problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work and complete solo shoots/projects
- Work in a fast-paced environment while leading multiple projects
- Working knowledge of soccer and familiarity with Major League Soccer preferred
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, including all home games (or other work events) that fall on nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.