Hornets Sports & Entertainment (HSE) is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our team! Are you a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Specialist with expertise in diversity programs and project management?
The DEI Specialist will work collaboratively with (HSE) leadership and the Diversity, Inclusion & Equity Council to support the diversity and inclusion strategic plan and business objectives. We are committed to building teams that achieve great things together. You will help us continue our strategic efforts of belonging and inclusivity.
This role will have a dual focus of improving programs both internally and externally. The ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats are essential. You will report to the Senior Director of HR and provide advice, recommendations, and administrative support to ensure a positive and inclusive environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will work collaboratively with the HSE DEI Council to provide oversight of HSE DEI’s efforts
- Serves as first line of support to assist teams in completing their objectives and deliverables
- Research and provide recommendations for annual DEI training
- Coordinate, track and ensure all team members complete all DEI training opportunities in both classroom and virtual formats
- Manage, assist, and act as a liaison and resource to all HSE employee resource groups in their programming, activities and other initiatives; assist such groups in the execution of such initiatives and related endeavors
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to develop, enhance, and implement recruiting process, onboarding process and assist with pipeline initiatives
- Provide detailed updates around action items detailed in the DEI strategic plan
- Implement DEI metrics for monthly reporting
- Benchmark DEI efforts with peer and other external organizations to assist with strategic initiatives
- Provide DEI-related insight and guidance to employees and leadership
- Ensures DEI initiatives are disseminated, promoted, and updated via intranet, website, and other mediums as appropriate
- Provide administrative support for all special projects, as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities
You will need to demonstrate the following competencies to be successful in this role:
- Possess a BS degree in Human Resources (HR), Industrial Organizational Psychology, Business or a related field or equivalent years of related work experience
- 2-3 years of proven experience which includes effective partnership in areas related to people strategy, DEI initiatives with various organization levels
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify trends, design and implement strategies to effect positive change
- Possess strong presentation, strategic planning, coaching/influencing, project management, consulting and change-management skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to interface with a variety of audiences.
- Able to troubleshoot situations and deal with any unique situations that may arise.
- Strong time management, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Ability to relate to staff in a positive manner and display attention to detail
- Being open and responsive to feedback.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to maintain confidentiality, listen to others, and willingness to try new ideas
- Available to work a variable schedule, including holidays, nights, weekends, Hornets home games, and Arena events
This is a full-time benefit eligible position. HSE is dedicated to creating and upholding a welcoming environment that celebrates diversity.
HSE provides valuable benefits and competitive time off policies to help you and your family lead healthy, balanced lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All requests for medical or religious accommodations to perform the stated job duties will be considered.