• To assist the Academy Manager with the management of the club’s academy strategy and multidisciplinary development programme.
Roles and responsibilities
• To support the Academy Manager with development of the Senior Academy Management Team and wider Academy Management Team and the alignment of strategy and stakeholder relationships.
• To liaise and work closely with club's football administration, recruitment and multidisciplinary team to ensure clear and appropriate rules, protocols and procedures are adhered to.
• To help ensure that all academy policies, rules and protocols are being followed by staff and players.
• To support the management of the club’s multidisciplinary development programmes.
• To support the ongoing development and implementation of the academy strategy.
• To liaise with the Heads of departments and develop key stakeholder relationships across the academy.
• To provide quality control of the academy audit processes and weekly operations to ensure all systems are appropriate for all key stakeholders.
• To support and liaise with the development of the player recruitment department at the training ground.
• To support and liaise with the operations team.
• To assist the Academy Manager in dealing with major stakeholders such as the Premier League, English Football League and the FA.
• To carry out appropriate research and development projects in youth development.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by your line manager.
General duties and accountabilities
• To support Brighton & Hove Albion and Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation in their aims and objectives at all times.
• To ensure compliance with all relevant club policies, including health and safety policies.
• To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
• To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional persona at all times when representing Brighton & Hove Albion and Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation.
• To keep confidential any information gained regarding the club, foundation and its personnel.
• To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
• To uphold and live our Team Brighton Values; Treat people well, Exceed Expectations, Aim high (never give up), Act with Integrity and Make it special.
• To be a champion of equality and diversity in the workplace and treat all staff, customers, sponsors, clients and applicants with fairness, dignity and respect.
• To report incidents of any form of discrimination through the correct channels.
• To promote best practice in safeguarding and create an environment that is safe for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• To report safeguarding concerns through the correct channels.
• To ensure that any safeguarding training and certificates are kept up to date.
• To take care of own mental health and wellbeing and seek support for self and others where needed.