Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the League’s 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC officially began competing in MLS in April 2021 and played its first match at home on June 19, 2021, in the new, 100% privately financed, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin.
Austin FC is actively seeking part-time Guest Service Teammates who will be essential in creating a safe, welcoming, and lively experience for all guests in Q2 Stadium. As the person to welcome and serve our guests, exceptional hospitality and a positive attitude are required. Guest Services Teammates are encouraged to be proactive and find ways to deliver an above and beyond experience to guests.
Your contributions will be hugely important to help us build a uniquely Austin experience for every guest who comes through our doors. Join Austin FC in 2024 as we continue to Grow the Legend.
Here at Q2 Stadium, we strive to create an authentically Austin experience! This means we care about all our staff and associates and encourage everyone to be themselves and make genuine connections with guests and co-workers. Q2 Stadium staff consists of positive individuals that are passionate about the Austin community, the sport of soccer, and growing along with the club.
Guest Services Teammate roles will include:
· Act as a frontline representative of the club and provide exceptional customer service to all guests throughout their time in Q2 Stadium; and
· Check all stadium and event passes, credentials and tickets for the correct location, date, and time to ensure gate security; and
· Effectively direct guests throughout the facility and communicate stadium policies; and
· Usher guests to their seats and monitor guest conduct; and
· Always maintain a safe environment for guests and fellow staff members; and
· Respond to guest concerns in a respectful and calm manner and appropriately escalate issues to the correct manager or department; and
· Assist in transporting guests throughout the facility via wheelchair or elevator; and
· Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team by directing guests to emergency exits; and
· Adapt to various position and locations around the Stadium as needed; and
· Follow directions from management for all event procedures and safety standards; and
· Perform additional duties as required.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and weekday games.
· Availability for 6-8 hours, 17 – 25 times per year for full-stadium events.
· Available to attend or complete all required in-person or virtual trainings.
· Ability to work the entire event including pre- and post-game activities.
· Ability to work large scale concerts.
· Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with staff, supervisors, and the public. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle large crowds while remaining friendly and professional, even if under pressure.
· The ideal candidate must be reliable and have a positive attitude.
· Prior customer service is preferred but is not required.
· Ability to work within a team environment.
· Compensation: $15/hour
· Minimum age requirement of 16.
· Hours are variable and can include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays. Hours are not a guaranteed.
· All selected candidates are expected to be available to work any event hosted in Q2 Stadium, employment is not restricted to Austin FC matches only.
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.