The Sustainability, Waste and Recycling Room (R3) Lead is responsible for efficient operation of the RRR dock and shall seek to maximize MBS Sustainability initiatives. The RRR Lead will train, educate and hold MBS Associates accountable for proper source separation methods and general integrity. This position will also maintain cleanliness and order of the dock, and track RRR results. The Resource, Recycle & Recovery Lead will report directly to the Resource Recycle and Recovery Supervisor
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all waste streams are kept separate and uncontaminated.
- Maintains tracking logs/records of general trash, cardboard, aluminum, co-mingled, compost, and construction recyclable materials for sustainability program reporting results.
- Seeks to maximize MBS total diversion rate by use of check list and reporting. Provides data from Private events using scale.
- Seeks efficient methods of recycling or reuse of other materials like wood/plastic pallets, used cooking oil, spent light bulbs, batteries, machine oils, paints, additives, and other common operating supplies.
- Schedules and ensures general integrity (attendance, breaktimes, productivity) of P.T. staff to maintain the R3 dock’s efficient operation, maintain the standard of safety and cleanliness, helping to limit odors and rodent activity.
- Reports needed repairs and preventive maintenance to the R3 Supervisor to minimize compactor, tipper, and baler down time.
- Optimizes compactor pulls and cardboard bale shipment with Waste Management service representative to minimize over storage of trash and recyclable materials, seeking to lower waste removal costs whenever possible.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of leadership/management Experience.
- In depth knowledge of common waste and recycling streams.
- Must be comfortable speaking to and training groups of individuals.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of environmental science and a passion for sustainability.
- General knowledge of Microsoft office and ability to learn other software’s used within organization.