The School Development Officer role 100% delivers all aspects of the Premier League Primary Stars Programme and wider educational activities delivered by West Ham United Foundation.
You will support the Programme manager in organising school-based activities, workshops, assemblies, curricular and extra-curricular activities that align with PLPS topics meeting key milestones and KPI’s.
You will ensure activities are safe and suitable for all participants involved, and you will have the responsibility of supervising and supporting participants, making sure protocols are followed at all times.
Finally, you will promote the WHU Foundation mission of encouraging sports participation, promoting health and wellbeing and improvement life opportunities.
1. Take responsibility for the delivery of the Premier League Primary Stars Programme and further Football Development projects in line with West Ham United Foundation’s high-quality standards and framework.
2. Deliver the highest possible quality of sporting session, to a wealth of participants with varying abilities, needs and demands, in a variety of different environments, including:
o National Curriculum Physical Education
o Extra-Curricular Sessions
o Soccer Schools and Holiday Camps
o Whole School Assemblies
o Educational Interventions (Literacy, Numeracy and PSHE)
3. Ensure appropriate planning is conducted prior to each session that is delivered, with considerations being made for individuals’ needs and requirements
4. Ensure that suitable progression pathways are available for young people to reach their potential. This will involve linking and maintaining a relationship with relevant schools and clubs.
5. Ensure all activities are delivered to the standards expected in regards to coaching, health and safety and child protection and in accordance with the Foundation’s /Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
6. When required, provide cover and assistance for other coaching staff across all boroughs/areas that the Foundation operates. This may include working during evenings and weekends as required.
7. Assist the completion of the necessary monitoring requirements efficiently including attendance registers, surveys and participant data capture alongside logging such data within monitoring systems such as Views
8. Positively promote the Clubs/Foundations Equal Opportunities Policy and core values in all aspects of the post’s responsibilities and duties.
9. Promote a positive and professional image at all times including appearance and punctuality etc.
10. Maintain a commitment to CPD in line with Senior Management expectations this is to include attending performance reviews and training as requested
Essential (E) Desirable (D) Trainable (T)
* Minimum of 1 years’ experience coaching within Primary Schools (E)
* FA Level 2 or alternative Level 2 Sports based qualification (E)
* In date Emergency First Aid and Safeguarding Certificates (E&T)
* Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport or working towards (D&T)
* Multi Sports Coaching Qualifications/Experience (D&T)
* Knowledge of PE, school sport and national curriculum
* Working with mixed ability groups in a sporting or educational context
* Experience in planning and delivering sessions that are engaging and creative across both sport and education for young people
* Ability to encourage and motivate young people
* Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication including ICT literate, which are culturally appropriate
* Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote sports participation
* Able to communicate with a range of stakeholders including participants, management staff, partner organisations and the public.
* Good organisational skills with the ability to able to prioritise and work within deadlines and to work efficiently on own initiative while maintaining a high standard of work
* Commitment to contribute to the effective workings of the wider programme team
* Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery and report
* Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.