Reporting to Manager of Inside Service, the Ticket Sales & Service Associate participates in a sales and service development program geared to prepare entry level candidates for a career within the sports sales industry.
The Washington Nationals are seeking motivated and driven individuals to join the Nationals Sales & Service Department. These individuals will receive detailed and comprehensive sports sales & service training with a strong focus on developing the skills necessary to become an industry leader. The training will benefit the individual’s career growth as a full menu sports sales & service representative. Day to day leadership is provided by the Inside Service Manager.
This position is a part-time position.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for a large volume of inbound and outbound communications including, email, Twitter, phone calls and ChatBot
- Sell, service and process inbound single game ticket purchases and inquiries
- Establish relationships by making outbound phone calls, setting face to face appointments and booking ballpark tours to current and prospective clients
- Renew and service Nationals Tier 4 & 5 Products which include, but are not limited to Mini Plans, 20 Ticket Pick Em Plans, Nats Pass and 5 game ticket plans
- Analyze incoming communications and present solutions based on available resources
- Identify guest needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions
- Respond with the highest level of hospitality and kindness when communicating with guests
- Serve as the organizational point of contact for guest complaints, compliments and issues
- Keep records of all communications according to established standards
- Relay real-time service situations on game days to the appropriate parties for immediate resolution
- Support the gameday staff team in resolving guest issues in park
- Work games, nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales & service goals and daily outbound call and touchpoint volume as set by Manager, Inside Service
- Provide excellent customer service at all times on the phone and in person at Nationals Park
- Maintain computerized records of specific ticket customers and prospective clients with our CRM system (Salesforce).
- Assist with non-game events, including, but not limited to, all concerts at Nationals Park
- Represent the Washington Nationals organization at offsite community events promoting Nationals ticket opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently pursuing or have attained a bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, related field, or equivalent military experience.
- Sales Experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be team-orientated, and able to work well in team environment.
- Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills
- Highly proficient in the following software programs: (Word, /Excel/PowerPoint, databases)
- Strong communication skills as well as very strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to deliver effective results and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic and passion to build a career in professional sports
- Present self in professional manner, and show ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and function under stressful conditions
- Display high level of integrity, positivity, and accountability in all aspects of the job
- This position requires some traveling around the ballpark to visit clients during home games, with the ability to escort and show clients different aspects of the ballpark.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Game day: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.