Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, our Part-Time Seasonal Grounds Crew staff assists with a variety of day-to-day responsibilities on and off the field, as well with exterior landscape duties. This position is part-time seasonal, averaging 30-35 hours per week from March-October. Employees can expect to work in adverse weather conditions and should be aware of those dangers prior to applying. This position does not receive any company sponsored benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exterior landscape mowing, trimming, weeding, and watering of plants and flowers.
- Assist with field responsibilities along with batting practice preparation on game days.
- Assist with all field tarp duties during inclement weather.
- Assist in maintaining a well-organized, clean, professional looking shop and break room area.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to lift, carry, and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Available to work days, nights, holidays, weekends, overtime if necessary.
- Ability to work in a professional, team atmosphere.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with a rapidly changing work schedule and environment throughout shift.
- Move quickly under unpredictable situations.
- Ability to learn while on-the-job.
- Must be available 50% of home games.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Grounds: Groundskeeping employees perform most of their work outdoors in all kinds of weather. The job is not considered dangerous; however, groundskeeping employees working with tools and machines, can be injured if they use them carelessly.