This position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Washington Nationals Community Relations (CR) department.
This opportunity will run for the duration of 42 weeks (approximately 10 months), mid-January through early November. This is a paid opportunity that will require 34 hours a week on-site at Nationals Park, including nights and weekends based on the game and program schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take a lead role in the implementation, tracking, and reporting of all tickets donated through the Community Ticket Grant program;
• Collaborate with the Director of Military Affairs to support programming and outreach with military members, their families, and military-focused nonprofits
• Assist in the development and execution of youth baseball softball programming and outreach
• Support in the fulfillment and distribution of autographed memorabilia and tickets to community groups
• Assist in the planning and execution of Community Relations events and outreach, including gameday programming (meet and greets, VIP game-day experiences, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations);
• Collaborate with the Youth Programming Associate to lead management and inventory of CR storage spaces
• Join CR staff in meetings with community and civic groups;
• Other duties as assigned by the Community Relations department
• Strong candidates will have experience and demonstrated interest in baseball/softball and experience engaging with community
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for entire term of opportunity
• Ability to frequently work nights and weekends
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer) required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
• Must have the ability to appropriately handle challenging situations and coordinate large groups of people with customer service in mind;
• Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, and game day guests, and on occasion, players and their families;
• Ideal candidate will be a details-minded, energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality;
• Interest in community relations work required;
• Working knowledge of Major League Baseball preferred;
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment, however the position will have gameday responsibilities that may include exposure to weather conditions including extreme temperatures;
• The position will require walking throughout the facility, as well as standing for extended periods of time;
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds;
• Must have a flexible schedule that allows for the possibility of working a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.