Contribute to Washington Nationals Baseball Operations for the 2024 season as a Hawk-Eye camera operator. The Hawk-Eye system uses high-frame rate video cameras to track ball and player movement. The Nationals utilize Hawk-Eye systems at each of their minor league affiliates. In order for each system to work properly, the cameras need to be prepared for the game according to proper Hawk-Eye procedures. The cameras then need to be monitored and occasionally adjusted throughout the course of the game. Communication with Hawk-Eye support is frequently required. There are post-game responsibilities, as well.
This is a remote position. The position will report to Minor League Video Coordinator, in addition to Coordinator, Baseball Operations.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Send a message to Hawk-Eye support prior to the assigned game confirming you will be on-duty for the assigned game
- Set up the Hawk-Eye system approximately one hour before the assigned game
- Follow instructions on how to adjust and align cameras
- Maintain focus and attention during the game to monitor the efficacy of cameras, in addition to communicating and correcting errors
- Clear communication on schedule and availability to the direct report
- Complete post-processing tasks, which usually take place the morning after a night game
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university, preferred
- Access to reliable Internet connection
- Available for the entire term of the Internship
- Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with complex computer systems
- Demonstrated passion for baseball and baseball operations
- Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively
- Ability to use time efficiently
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important the person in this position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – together.
- Work can be done remotely. It will require weekend and evening work.