The Marketing & Social Media Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of marketing and promotional initiatives for the Utah Jazz’s NBA G League affiliate, the Salt Lake City Stars, as well as for Jazz Gaming, a member of the NBA 2K League. This is a full-time, exempt position. The position will assume the primary responsibility for executing marketing objectives, including social media and website content, media and email trafficking, and assisting sponsorship and ticketing in consumer promotions and fulfillment. This is a great growth opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment in the professional sports industry as part of the Smith Entertainment Group family.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize consumer and marketplace insights to develop marketing initiatives that drive affinity for the SLC Stars and Jazz Gaming brands and result in increased attendance and revenue.
- Direct responsibility for strategy and execution of social media content.
- Management of the team websites including content creation and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Traffic media, and other deliverables on time and on strategy.
- Responsible for execution of email marketing strategy.
- Managing and fulfilling internal and external print projects.
- Work with design team to create persuasive collateral for marketing, ticketing and sponsorship.
- Maintain consistency of marketing communications across multiple media channels.
- Assist in the implementation of consumer promotions.
- Manage the NBA G League and NBA 2K League approval process.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual marketing and media plan and advertising budget.
- Assist the public/community relations director in strategic planning and execution of community outreach and brand promotion opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful.
- Demonstrate world-class customer service and if you don’t directly interact with the customer, support those that do.
- Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
- Exemplify the Smith Entertainment Group (SEG) company values.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing degree preferred)
- Two years’ work experience in marketing (required)
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Proficient with common social media platforms, Microsoft Office applications and Google workspace in order to effectively perform duties
- WordPress and video editing experience preferred
- Must possess creative thinking and attention to detail
- Be a proactive, analytical problem solver
- Able to work both independently and well with others
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends
- Expected to attend all home Stars games (including playoffs) and to cover Stars road games remotely.
- Please be aware that most games are at night and many fall on weekends, and may include traditional holidays.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
- The person must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.