We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Satellite Facility Operations Specialist will assist SFO Facility Managers and Coordinators in orchestrating day-to-day logistics at each satellite Sporting Kansas City facility, and other SKC properties as assigned by the manager. This individual will help maintain and operate our world-class facilities, including facility assets.
This is a part-time, hourly position, typically scheduled up to but not over 30 hours per week. Prior operations/facilities experience is not required.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Ensure facility is operating according to the mission, vision, and values of Sporting Kansas City.
- Act as lead point of contact for SFO for special events (national/regional events, lacrosse, rugby, soccer tournaments/leagues, baseball/softball tournaments, etc.).
- Assist in coordinating practice, meetings, and sporting operations between all departments.
- Responsible for assisting in facility set up, breakdown, and maintenance.
- Execute special projects at the direction of facility management.
- Prepare facilities for internal and external rentals.
- Perform operational duties that could include facility maintenance, equipment repair, trash and recycling collection, opening and/or closing facility, and ordering and restocking supplies.
- Act as liaison to third-party vendors and coordinate any work that needs to be completed on-site.
- Be present at department meetings as assigned.
- When needed, assist at other Sporting Kansas City properties.
- Always represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional time management.
- Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail and efficiency.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Ability and experience using a variety of tools and procedures to complete minor maintenance projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands and operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate may be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.