Job Title: Head of Professional Player Development
Reports to: Director of Development
Type: Full-Time Regular
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Deadline to Apply: November 27, 2023
Sounders FC is where some of the nation’s most talented youth soccer players come to train and play. The Head of Professional Player Development will oversee the development of players to maintain, strengthen, and improve pathway of the highest potential players while valuing the person as much as the player and ensuring a positive culture. Reporting to the Director of Development, this role will work collaboratively with staff from all levels and departments within the Sounders organization to create individualized plans that address the tactical, technical, nutritional, and psychological strengths and needs of players.
- Work in collaboration with Sounders, Tacoma Defiance, and Academy Head coaches and staff to implement individualized programs and pathways with the goal of enhancing the development of top talent.
- Routinely attend Sounders, Defiance, and Academy training sessions to observe current players and their progress within the pathway
- Attend competitions to assess players and guide coaches on opportunities
- Guide academy staff in player retain/release meetings twice per year (December and July).
- Maintain a positive and transparent image as a Sounders FC representative.
- Assist with training for affiliate programs of Sounders FC as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience coaching and /or managing a college or professional soccer team is preferred
- Experience in Elite level coaching (DA, MLS NEXT, USL, MLS)
- Demonstrated ability to teach techniques, tactics, physical and psychological components of soccer
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate and educate youth players and youth coaching staff
- Knowledge in player development and MLS Homegrown Player requirements
- Advanced understanding of curriculum development and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and personnel management skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task effectively
- Excel and lead in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Aligns to the values of the organization, with a prior history of community involvement a plus.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) or multi-lingual skills a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ECFL – FFF French football formation license (MLS) preferred.
- USSF “PRO” license preferred.
- USSF “AD” preferred.
- USSF “A” Minimum
- This position will work in-person from the Sounders FC training facility in Tukwila, WA. The new Sounders FC headquarters and training facility in Renton will open in 2024.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Will be required to travel to competitions. Must be able to facilitate own local travel.
- Must be fully vaccinated at the time of hire and follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols.
- Must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Responsibilities include regular work outdoors and may require standing for long periods of time.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
Seattle Sounders FC offers competitive compensation and an engaging, supportive environment that prioritizes the health and well-being of our people.
The annual salary range for this position is $90,000 - $125,000 and eligible for bonus opportunity. Base pay at time of offer will take into account job-related knowledge, skills and experience required for the role, internal equity and market
Our Total Rewards package for full-time team members includes:
- Healthcare plans with 100% employer sponsored premiums for employees and dependents
- Generous PTO plan that includes unlimited paid vacation and offseason time off to support employee health and well-being
- 401k retirement plan matching
- Gender-neutral parental leave program offering 12-16 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Discounts on Sounders FC products, merchandise and with Sounders FC Partners
- Complimentary tickets to Sounders FC and Tacoma Defiance matches
- Volunteer opportunities in the Seattle community offered in support of social impact and RAVE Foundation initiatives
- Growth opportunities, employee learning and development programs to support professional and personal growth