Job Title: Regional Scout – South Korea
Department: International Scouting
Reports To: Director, International Scouting - Coordinator, Pacific Rim Scouting
Primary Objective: Responsible for reporting on international amateur & international pro players across the country of South Korea. Build relationships with relevant baseball personnel within the country, while representing the Seattle Mariners organization in a positive manner. Responsible for supporting and assisting the Mariners International Scouting Department in all facets of player evaluation.
- Evaluate players at varying levels of baseball (amateur & pro) in South Korea.
- Maintain working knowledge of Mariners systems, processes, and philosophies.
- Collaborate with Baseball Operations leadership in developing self-improvement plans in all areas, including goal-planning and regular reviews.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive “Preference List” of the amateur and pro players in South Korea.
- Create and maintain accurate amateur player bios.
- Manage and disseminate up-to-date scheduling information.
- Effectively manage different assignments within both the amateur international and international pro scouting realms and complete them in a timely manner.
- Prepare expenses in a timely, fiscally responsible, and accurate manner for the office.
- Evaluate and report on players of interest across the Pacific Rim, at all levels of baseball, as assigned.
- Maintain a video library of players of interest.
- Attend departmental virtual meetings, as well as any in-person organizational meetings.
- Complete assigned scout development exercises.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Equivalent, relevant work experience would be considered in lieu of formal education.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ previous work experience required, previous experience in professional sports is preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Strong grasp of player evaluation
- High-level communication skills (written and verbal form)
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to build positive relationships, both inside and outside the organization
- Acts in a manner that is fair & ethical, and always with integrity
- Takes personal responsibility for thoroughly completing assignments in a timely manner
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Power Point, and Word)
- The ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Travel is required
- Must live within, or be willing to move to, the country of South Korea
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.